Hey Fractal ... can we please get clarification on what "started shipping" means please ... ?

ben ifin

Experienced
Hi Fractal

I think it was last Friday (?) that you posted that the first shipments had gone out.

I guess my question is this:-

-> did that mean that ordinary " Joe-Shmoe's " on the wait list started getting AX8's shipped to them ?

or

-> does that mean that the first shipments only went to key-fractal-users ..... perhaps for review, loyalty etc.... ?

Am only asking as (a) I'm impatient and (b) if it was (a) I'm surprised the forum here hasn't been inundated with people saying I got my email and my AX8 is on its way ?

Thanks again and all the best,
Ben

PS: Also. any news on the manual ?

Ben-I really think this has been answered a bunch of times-I know, not by fractal, but still....it's kind of obvious about shipping to certain folks first, etc, etc, as stated in bunch of threads already.
I have no doubt the very first person that gets the invite email will post immediately.........honest man. It's been this way with the ultra, AxeII, all versions , the Xl, the XL+ and the fx8.....I want one also but jeeezzzz- believe what others that have been thru this , oh 5 to 6X say...Just trying to help you relax man :)

Thanks Stratman68 and Sam

This is my first foray into Fractal hardware - as I have mentioned before I am a long-standing Kemper user - who is on the waitlist for an AX8 - as a secondary / complimentary rig ..... perfect for some of my gigging needs ..... as such I am not used to or aware of the "Fractal way" they have done previous product launches .... so when I saw " shipping " I assumed that meant general / waitlist shipping.

As you say though, it seems clear that the first "shipments" have indeed gone to specifically-selected users ...... I just wasn't reading it that way and had no idea that is what it meant ......

The bit I don't really get though is that clearly Fractal are reading and posting on this forum, so why not just say that upfront ...... ?

Not a criticism - more just an observation and me looking for clarity .....

As you say, no doubt once "regular" forumites get their emails, we will see lots of "mine is on the way" posts :)

In the meantime, I'll just keep waiting for the manual, as being a new-to-Fractal-user, it will no doubt keep me interested and very busy in learning about the unit until it arrives :)

Mind you .....given there are now only some 28 or so business days between now and Christmas .... and even though I am well placed on the down-under wait-list, I reckon the chances of me getting an AX8 before Christmas [ 2015 :) ] aren't looking good ..... but boy do I hope I'm wrong :)

Thanks again and all the best.
Ben

Last edited:
FAS has a lot at stake with this release. They know that a lot of people will be placing the AX8 right next to a Helix and making direct comparisons. The FW better be rock solid with no unexpected bugs or lockups, the editor better work flawlessly, The FX better live up to FAS quality and reputation, the manual well written, and with 512 User IR slots Cab Lab integration needs to be in place upon release.

As they say, you don't get a second chance to make a first impression. The AX8 will be the first time a lot of people have ever played Fractal gear. It better impress. No doubt, FAS is well aware of this and wants to make sure everything is in place before getting this in the hands of the fickle, gear flipping, next big trend following, short attention span, general public.

Geez, no pressure FAS!

Not that I feel too bad for them, standing there in front of the money floodgate they're about to swing wide open.

If you read between the lines, you can easily realise what's the status of things. FAS had to open the can a bit, to unload some pressure. AX8 it is on its way, but not how we thought, yet.

Thanks Stratman68 and Sam
Mind you .....given there are now only some 28 or so business days between now and Christmas .... and even though I am well placed on the down-under wait-list, I reckon the chances of me getting an AX8 before Christmas [ 2015 :) ] aren't looking good ..... but boy do I hope I'm wrong :)
Thanks again and all the best.
Ben

Ben-don't give up hope.....I stated before -I asked FAS way back about a wait list and they said they do not "want" one. So I really believe they have a ton of units available..........Just my take on my email back and forth with a Fractal person.
of course they weren't able to avoid the waitlist....but be optimistic....

FAS has a lot at stake with this release. They know that a lot of people will be placing the AX8 right next to a Helix and making direct comparisons. The FW better be rock solid with no unexpected bugs or lockups, the editor better work flawlessly, The FX better live up to FAS quality and reputation, the manual well written, and with 512 User IR slots Cab Lab integration needs to be in place upon release.

As they say, you don't get a second chance to make a first impression. The AX8 will be the first time a lot of people have ever played Fractal gear. It better impress. No doubt, FAS is well aware of this and wants to make sure everything is in place before getting this in the hands of the fickle, gear flipping, next big trend following, short attention span, general public.

I disagree to a certain extent.
Fractal gear is proven and a LARGE portion of CURRENT (or near current) owners of previous products WILL be purchasing the AX8. Dare I say a built in percentage of sales is already guaranteed.
Add other people who are willing to part with $1400 to see what FAS is all about.
Add MANY people who purchased Helix and were (let's be honest) disappointed, at least disappointed enough to return or flip there units.

Helix editor is barely an editor at all. They have released units with BSOD and other issues, etc...
FAS could release the AX8 only promising the functions we already know are baked in and NO EDITOR (but the promise of one coming) and be just fine.

Is the manual almost finished and ready to be uploaded?

Too late !
That roar you heard 20 minutes ago was M@ flying away on a jet. He flew in for a quick comment to calm the natives , and now he's goooooooooone.

I'll give Fractal credit. They post frequently , and still answer alot of questions. ( maybe not the one you JUST asked , but alot !)

The forum uproar probably has alot to do with the delay of release. They know once 1 guy here gets their invite , all hell is going to break loose. It's probably in their best interest to try and satisfy the people on their waitlist as close together as possible by stock piling a ton first.
......pure speculation.

Back
Top Bottom