Hey Cliff, at what point do I need to worry about voltage?

Last night I had a gig in a club with questionable power, the display on my Furman was reading around 105-110 volts most of the night. I was worried about how much voltage the axe needs to run properly, it worked and sounded great all night long so apparently 105 is enough, but when should I get worried?

JT

If you're really worried about that, you may need to get something with a battery so as to send the proper continuous voltage.

If the input voltage drops below 100VAC you may start experiencing problems, including having the Axe-Fx reboot itself in the middle of a song....

Since the Axe-Fx is basically a computer it seems it would either work or not work, no in between "variac" like performance right gang?

Secret80'sMan said:
Since the Axe-Fx is basically a computer it seems it would either work or not work, no in between "variac" like performance right gang?

That would be my assumption.

The Furman (for example the PL-8) is not a voltage "regulator" like the Line-R unit. The Furman is a "noise filter" and a "surge suppressor" and only protects against voltage spikes. The Line-R unit actually steps voltage up and down to deliver a more consistent voltage to your unit.

Back
Top Bottom