Here's another reason to read the manual... (or I learned something cool today)

plyall

Power User
I downloaded Leon Todd's 'LT Underdogs' patch from AxeChange. All I could get out of the patch was a DI-like sound. Hmmm. Meters look good - all blocks getting signal - but I'm getting a clean, very uninteresting sound out.

I looked at his layout again, and noted that his patch uses a DI output on OUT 2. Voila - I normally use OUT 1 to my recording interface, and OUT 2 as a feed to my CLR's.

Apparently, OUT 2 being on the grid overrides the COPY OUTPUT 1 to OUTPUT 2 setting, and causes me to hear a dry guitar in my CLR's.

Checking the manual, I found:

1. 1 The Output 1 block signal may also be transmitted through the Digital outputs if SPDIF/AES Out Source is set to Output 1, and through Output 2 if Output 2 Copy Output 1 is turned ON and the Output 2 block is not present on the grid.

Anyway - I hope this will save someone else the 15 minutes I spent figuring this out.

Yes, same as with the II, where the presence of the FXL block would override Copy Out 1 > Out 2.

Thanks Yek! I never used in int that configuration on the II, so I had no idea.

For those folks reading this thread, here's a picture of what sent me troubleshooting for a bit:

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 5.49.23 PM.jpg

Frankly, it's like reading any novel you hated in high school. You don't get it.

When you have some experience in life (and the Axe), you read it again and go 'holy crap, NOW I get it'.

Yup.

Steinbeck's incredibly depressing stories come to mind. As a more experienced person, you realize how much of a pie-in-the-sky optimist he was...

Back
Top Bottom