Here's a new one . . .

Thanks guys!

I take the compliment from Cliff particularly well. It means a lot from someone with a gifted sense of tone and who knows the capabilities of the Axe inside and out.

The guitar is a "Modern", a relatively new model from Suhr guitars, one of my favorite guitar manufacturers. http://www.suhrguitars.com

Here's a pic, courtesy of Rocket Music, which gave me an excellent deal on the guitar and which demonstrates photography skills that are far superior to my own. http://www.rocketmusic.net

2666.jpg

FractalAudio said:
The quality of recordings has really gone up lately. Great tones.

*pfft* gone "older" you mean. ;)

Those Suhrs does sound fantastic. I have a friend who brought his to the studio, and we got a crazy good clean within two minutes.

dagnabbit, you guys make me sick.

Aw, not really, but damn you make me wish I really knew how to play guitar. Great work, dude.

Good tone, superior playing! :D

How do you record it? What models do you use? Can you share the patch(es)? :mrgreen:

Smilzo said:
Good tone, superior playing! :D

How do you record it? What models do you use? Can you share the patch(es)? :mrgreen:

Thanks! It's a Suhr Modern into a FoxRox Aquavibe into an Analogman BiCompRossor into the Axe-FX, recorded direct using an s/pdif cable.

The model for all of the clean stuff is the Dr. Z model, the chorused dirty rhythm part is the Plexi 1, and the dirty rhythm part at the end is the "Brown" model.

Believe it or not, I've already forgotten the model I used on the dirty lead at the end. I suspect it's the "Marshall Pre" model but I don't remember for sure.

I'd be happy to share the patches, but I probably already put them on axexchange previously (or very similar patches). But I don't know how I'd figure out which ones were mine now. It'll be a while before I can a) take the time to figure out how to isolate the patch in a .syx or other useful format and b) post them somewhere. I don't think I'll be able to overcome my failure to remember that last patch though.

MrMunky said:
Thanks! It's a Suhr Modern into a FoxRox Aquavibe into an Analogman BiCompRossor into the Axe-FX, recorded direct using an s/pdif cable.

The model for all of the clean stuff is the Dr. Z model, the chorused dirty rhythm part is the Plexi 1, and the dirty rhythm part at the end is the "Brown" model.
Thanx! Dr.Z is a keeper... and your playing makes a real difference. Time to study some more... ;)

MrMunky said:
I'd be happy to share the patches, but I probably already put them on axexchange previously (or very similar patches).
We are waiting for Saint Cliff to do another miracle... ;)

Back
Top Bottom