HERE'S A GREAT IDEA....

Have seen this before, not really seeing the bit where it's all that great an idea. However many years ago maybe it would have been great... but these days, when you can whack your phone or whatever other handy device in front of your guitar or amp and record ideas, what's the point? Are you going to want a 44.1/16 recording from when you were just buggering about that's probably relatively shite in quality, not to mention not recorded without any kind of timing reference, to use in your final track? No. So it'll just really be for rough demo purposes. Of which there are many other easy alternatives available these days. For free even, considering most people already have a smartphone at their disposal. And from memory, Nuendo yeeeeaaaars ago added a function to basically record stuff while you were pissing about so you didn't lose those "magic" ideas in between takes or whatever... I've not looked for it in Cubase 7, coz I don't really give a crap about it, but I imagine it's there and also in other DAWs these days. So the crap about it being a backup so you don't lose takes in recording seem like rubbish too. :|

Hmmm. I think it would be easier just to recorded into a daw or iphone for that matter, easier for syncing too.

easier to record a spontaneous idea into a daw? have to load up pro tools (takes 10 minutes), create a project, name it, create a track, enable it, select input, plug in, and hit record.... now what the hell was I doing? I think it's neat, would be good for touring people who are sitting on a bus or a hotel room.

Hmmm. I think it would be easier just to recorded into a daw or iphone for that matter, easier for syncing too.

I use JamUp on an iPad/iPhone 6 for this. It's simple, easy and quick just like my woman. <-- Too much I know, just messin'.

To the OP: Have you checked out JamUp Pro? $20 iPad/iPhone app with a $20 interface on eBay that gives you the ability to track up to 8 recording slots. Pretty neat-o.

Positive Grid® | BIAS® Amp Match Modeler | JAMUP® Multi-Effects – JamUp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUvqpPVnQG8

Back
Top Bottom