Here it is - LINE 6 Amplifi

Looks like the next incremental improvement in the typical Line 6 all in one cheap solution. Line 6 seems to focus on the interface, accessibility aspect moreso than the actual sound. As a cheap, portable, practice device it may be useful. Not giving up my rig just yet...

What is L6 thinking? An amp that requires an iOS device to get your tones? On top of that, it's not even using their HD amp modeling. It's using the X3 amp modeling. And their "tone matching" feature is simply identifying the song that you're playing along with from your iTunes account and finding a matching preset from their CustomTone library.

I like how they have a studio backing track for the commercial/video and focus on control with apple products, yet there is no actual sound clip or live demo LOL.

I actually really would like to Hear it before dismissing it.

I think it's awesome. Bluetooth a song to it, and dial up a tone and play... stop mucking with stuff, tweaking every last thing... play. pretty cool times.

This is obviously not a Pro product. The quality of modeling is not that important. I think they seem to have gotten a lot of things right. Bluetooth so that it can have a much wider usage than just a guitar amp for instance. And I would love it if the AF2 would get a Bluetooth USB dongle together with an IOS app for much easier editing during primarily rehearsals, and built in connection to the Axechange. I can easily see myself recommending this for someone starting out with guitar. Or imagine having one at a summer home. "Honey, it's mostly for you to play music from your iPhone". And getting a practice amp at the same time. I like it.

There is a long demo of it on YouTube by Andertons uk....it sounds terrible, to me anyway. The idea is pretty cool but using far outdated modeling tech is stupid

Never thought I'd recommend Peavey solid state but I think the Vypyr series blows the Line 6 stuff away. Peavey also released the "Vypyr Pro" today that looks pretty cool. So, far the "reinvention" of the guitar amp doesn't seem to be going very well.

What is L6 thinking? An amp that requires an iOS device to get your tones? On top of that, it's not even using their HD amp modeling. It's using the X3 amp modeling. And their "tone matching" feature is simply identifying the song that you're playing along with from your iTunes account and finding a matching preset from their CustomTone library.

Having been a Line 6 customer for many years until I discovered Fractal, there's a big difference between the X3 and HD modelling quality. HD stuff has been around since about late 2010 - very strange that they'd incorporate an older modelling scheme into a brand new product. The iOS app is obviously useless of someone is using an Android-based product.

Trouble with Android is there are like three hundred devices and bluetooth is broken on most of them in different, subtle ways, so you have to do a ton of testing. Worse yet, some of those devices may have different bugs with different versions of Android, so the testing matrix gets even more enormous. Fitness trackers don't work with the majority of Android phones and tablets for this reason.

Back
Top Bottom