Here is something I'll bet you haven't heard

Hey Bulldog,
(Great old Beatles song right there!)
Have you tried putting ferrite cores on the output end of every cable you can think of? They are pretty cheap and the theory is that they will remove much of the rfi thats being picked up by cables.
https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...wic8uX0ndntAhXDzDgGHbe3B6AQwg96BAgPEBU&adurl=

thanks
Pauly

I live about a mile away from a 50,000 watt AM radio station's transmitting towers. At night, their signal bleeds over into my AXE FX III. All my cables, etc. are shielded. Is there any way I can make this stop? When I record, I can hear the stations broadcast. Any suggestion? No, I cannot move. As I am sure I'll get a bunch of replies, please excuse me if I don't reply to everyone. I DO appreciate any suggestions in advance.

When I was in college I used to pick up the college radio station through my pedalboard. Conveniently I was the station manager of the college station so I could pick which music came though! However I found that I occasionally could stop it by moving my board to a different spot in the room. In addition to the ferrite cores, maybe try moving the Axe or the computer to a different spot in the room or in your house.

I also second testing the pieces individually by recording on computer with no Axe, then computer connected to Axe, then add the guitar. Eliminate variables until the sound goes away or comes back.

The Axe-Fx has all sorts of EMI protection on it so I doubt it's actually the Axe-Fx. Every input/output has ferrite beads. As you say it only happens when recording I suspect something else. Are you recording via USB or using an interface? Would need to know your setup including how your monitors are connected etc.

Back
Top Bottom