Here is some AX8 Noodling

Yeah, it will come soon enough. I bet they are stretched at the moment. All good things come to those who wait. I'm impressed that us AX8 owners have been pretty cool about not asking for the firmware update. We all know it will come.
Love your tone (edge of breakup) and playing Scott. Nice to see the Axe translating so well to a PA, such as the one you used! Well done!

Also like how the woman was passing by with what seemed to be a grin on her face as well as feeling the need to turn around as she was exiting to check out your chops a bit more...Cool!

Hey Scott - great playing and tone. How do you think about reverb in a setting like that? I'm assuming there is a ton of natural room reverb - do you add any on the AX8?

Hey Scott - great playing and tone. How do you think about reverb in a setting like that? I'm assuming there is a ton of natural room reverb - do you add any on the AX8?
Ha, that is so funny you said that. I was thinking the very same thing. Yeah I will most likely kill the reverb in that preset.

Nice job Scott! Can you talk a bit on how you use the BOSS switches? I have two that I used years ago. They have been in a drawer (like new), forever and never I never even thought to incorporate them with the AX8. Thanks.

Nice job Scott! Can you talk a bit on how you use the BOSS switches? I have two that I used years ago. They have been in a drawer (like new), forever and never I never even thought to incorporate them with the AX8. Thanks.
I use one for boost so that would be a null filter at the end of every preset except the screenshot above for some reason.

The second one, I haven't really used yet. It could be for momentary turning on a drive, dotted 8th delay, rotary rate ramp up and down etc-.

They are great to have. I had four on my MFC.

I like the idea of using one for a boost, as I use the null Filter in my Ultra for the same purpose, but with a dedicated switch on my GC Pro. I wonder if I could use the second Boss as a Tap-Tempo?

I like the idea of using one for a boost, as I use the null Filter in my Ultra for the same purpose, but with a dedicated switch on my GC Pro. I wonder if I could use the second Boss as a Tap-Tempo?
You definitely can. In my picture for external ctrl 4 you would put to none I suppose.

IMG_4186.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Scott

I am really looking forward to dropping the AX8 on the platform instead of the entire rack and the FCB. It must be so great to have such a small footprint now...especially in the church setting. I was hauling my Ultra rig in and out of Churches up to 4 times a week for 5 years and being a worship leader the Pastors always 'loved' walking around my set up haha.
So the AX8 will not only be beneficial for me but for the Pastor ; )

Back
Top Bottom