Here Is My 1st Preset... Need for 2 cab blocks?... III vs II

rnjscooter

Power User
Hi everyone, so it's a work in process but I really can't think of anymore I would wan't to add and I am at 83 percent:D

Question. Is anyone using 2 cab blocks, and if so, your reasoning? I currently have it set up that way. I am thinking the only reason would be so you could have 8 IR's at once?

I am truly enjoying my rig. There really is no comparison to my II. I am an 80's rocker and I would "hope" my tone is something in the neighborhood of a John Sykes kinda vibe. After mirroring every block, it's my III that clearly wins the day. I notice my 2 squelches my pinched harmonics on the II, but on the III they just pop right out. Thats really important to me:)

Thanks for listening everyone!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    203.2 KB · Views: 111
You might want to hook the output of your Wah and Pitch blocks up ;)
Hi everyone, so it's a work in process but I really can't think of anymore I would wan't to add and I am at 83 percent:D

Question. Is anyone using 2 cab blocks, and if so, your reasoning? I currently have it set up that way. I am thinking the only reason would be so you could have 8 IR's at once?

I am truly enjoying my rig. There really is no comparison to my II. I am an 80's rocker and I would "hope" my tone is something in the neighborhood of a John Sykes kinda vibe. After mirroring every block, it's my III that clearly wins the day. I notice my 2 squelches my pinched harmonics on the II, but on the III they just pop right out. Thats really important to me:)

Thanks for listening everyone!

Even if you did connect the wah and the pitch like this, what's the point of going parallel with them?....
Also, there is absolutely no reason for you to have two cab blocks...
I mean, yeah, you are not using 8 IR's at once, unless you are crazy.
And each cab block allows four variations of four IR slots. The amount of possibilities you have with just one cab block is unreasonably high....

Even if you did connect the wah and the pitch like this, what's the point of going parallel with them?....
Also, there is absolutely no reason for you to have two cab blocks...
I mean, yeah, you are not using 8 IR's at once, unless you are crazy.
And each cab block allows four variations of four IR slots. The amount of possibilities you have with just one cab block is unreasonably high....

the point is in the image attached..... I use my EV-2 to run volume, wah and whammy, all in the same preset:D

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    199.4 KB · Views: 34
That looks like a very versatile preset!

Depending on what you’re going for, you might prefer the Phaser in front of the Amp instead of after it.

One potential use for two cabs is to be able to blend four IRS independently for both left and right channels. Or to choose between four different two-IR blends on the fly. Or...?

That looks like a very versatile preset!

Depending on what you’re going for, you might prefer the Phaser in front of the Amp instead of after it.

One potential use for two cabs is to be able to blend four IRS independently for both left and right channels. Or to choose between four different two-IR blends on the fly. Or...?

I surely at one point tried every block both in front and behind to determine its tone, but I will try it. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom