Here is a poll:how many have an ultra and cant sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

paullypj

Inspired
I would love to get the axe fx 2 but i couldn't give my ultra away if i tried. so now i m stuck with an obsolete 2000 + piece of gear. Gee I wonder if there is any one else out there who is in the same boat. I live in NY and last time i looked there were 6 for sale on craiglist not to mention ebay and the for sale thread here. I have had mine for sale for a week on craigslist for 1,450.00 got an offer to trade fender mustang copy from a 15 year old kid but thats it. Thanks cliff !!!

Last edited:
1. Chill - it's not obsolete. It's still the second best modeler ever made! (actually The best since the II is not available yet).
2. They sell. It may just take more than the 15 minutes it took before the II was announced.

How and when did your Ultra get obsolete?? I´ll keep mine. Sounds just as good or better than 3 months ago. I´ll buy Axe II later. No rush......

Patience....
I counted an average 40 Ultras on ebay last week.
This week only 14 average.
And the important thing is that most of them sold at $1600-$1700
A few more weeks and the supply might go down.... and the price might go up.

Mine is up for sale for $1599.... and if it doesn't sell, that's OK.
I'm not in a rush.

;)

The minute the issued the 2 look up the definition of obsolete. Well what do you think I could get for there are several hundred for sale out there since news of the 2. If you hold onto ur ultra you are really asking to take a beating. What do you mean sell you obviously have not tried to sell your

I would love to get the axe fx 2 but i couldn't give my ultra away if i tried. so now i m stuck with an obsolete 2000 + piece of gear. Gee I wonder if there is any one else out there who is in the same boat. I live in NY and last time i looked there were 6 for sale on craiglist not to mention ebay and the for sale thread here. I have had mine for sale for a week on craigslist for 1,450.00 got an offer to trade fender mustang copy from a 15 year old kid but thats it. Thanks cliff !!!

What do you mean obsolete? Did it suddenly stop sounding "fabulous, best out there, etc? Mine sounds the same. Tone hasn't changed since the II was announced.
BS -on obsolete

I dont want to sell on ebay mine has been on sale for two weeks not one call did u see how many are for sale on this forum

I guess you dont understand what obsolete means either. Have you read the promo for the 2 according to cliff it does everything twice as good as the ultra or better. I cant give my ultra away. dont you get that?

I guess you dont understand what obsolete means either. Have you read the promo for the 2 according to cliff it does everything twice as good as the ultra or better. I cant give my ultra away. dont you get that?
Did it stop working when it became "obsolete"? It's only obsolete because it was superceeded by a newer model. Happens to us all the time dude. FWIW - this subject has been beat to death on the forum over the last two weeks. The chest thumping is seriously old.

But, don't feel too bad tho', some of us had it worse! I SOLD mine... on the Fri before the announcement, for $2120. Cool, I thought. Can get the II. Was about to ship it to Florida that Mon am, and the buyer backed out. Thanks a lot eBay, Paypal, et al!!! (worthless bunch of....)
Then of course, y'all FLOODED the market with panic selling.. so prices fell.

So I still have my Ultra, and it still works as well as it did the Friday I sold it.
Enjoy it..

Last edited:
ok I let me explain it in simpler terms. An objects monetary value is measured by what someone is willing to pay for for that object. I cant give mine away. Maybe worthless is more to the point

ok I let me explain it in simpler terms. An objects monetary value is measured by what someone is willing to pay for for that object. I cant give mine away. Maybe worthless is more to the point
I get your point... prices WILL stabilize over time. However, if you want to give it to me, I'd be willing to cover shipping :)

See that s not fair you sold your s before the any one knew about the 2 u would not be so happy if you still had it and was trying to sell it now

See that s not fair you sold your s before the any one knew about the 2 u would not be so happy if you still had it and was trying to sell it now

He actually said he still has his. But, I "only" have a Standard. If you want to give it to me, I'll cover shipping. I've been trying to sell my boat for 2 years now, which is why I got the standard and not the Ultra. So, this will help me out. :)

Look there are several hundred for sale out there who is going to buy a used ultra instead of the 2 id be lucky to get a grand for mine. That means If i use that money to buy a 2 ill be effectively paying over 3,200 for the 2 hope u can do the math

Ask yourself one question: If you were buying an amp modeller today, how much would you want to save on an AxeFX Ultra or Standard vs just paying the difference to get an AxeFXII?

That's the price that you should be looking to get realistically. If you'd pay $1800 or more than you should probably hold onto it. If you wouldn't then why would you expect anyone else to do so? I figure that if someone can save $700 than it will be worth it to them and it's a fair price for me to pay the difference for the latest.

As for all the other speculation and comments about it being obsolete or an outdated computer; it still works exactly like it did before the announcement and unlike a computer this thing isn't running 3rd party applications or something that means it won't do what it was designed to do. Everything on it works and works well and the price that it's held in the used market reflects that. If it was selling for 50% that would still be good for holding it's value compared to most technological gear.

No one is forcing you to upgrade here. If you can't get what you think that it's worth than keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom