FM3 Here’s how you get the John Mayer Qtron tone!

This is a pretty cool thread! Lately, I've been enjoying adding an ADSR and Envelope together for some very cool Qtron like sounds. It does a little snap followed by a more traditional waiomph.

Yes I’ve been having fun with these ideas. I’m ignorant on the ADSR. Which means I must not have used it yet.

This is a pretty cool thread! Lately, I've been enjoying adding an ADSR and Envelope together for some very cool Qtron like sounds. It does a little snap followed by a more traditional waiomph.
I’d love to see how you combined the two!

How do you use both modifiers on the FM3? Are they controlling different parameters?

To close the loop on this. Here's my slightly modified take on @jkaneshiro23's excellent filter block settings. All I did was add some "motion" to the Q parameter by attaching the envelope filter to it as well. Settings I used were:

View attachment 100763

And, like, this sounds dead to nuts to me when I use my Silver Sky on the middle pickup:

I tried this and it definitely opens up the tone a bit more! Settings for the min and max Q vary a bit between my silver sky and my Mike lull strat. I think overall it’s clearer.

What control are you using the ADSR on?

Going to have to try this. I want to simulate my MXR bass envelope filter. I've attached the envelope controller on the low pass filter, but never on the Q knob at the same time.

Here’s a little update to my filter block Qtron/Adrenalinn Mayer type of preset. I think I might have dialed the attack to be slightly quicker, and I did what @iaresee suggested, which is assigning a secondary envelope follower to just the Q. Mine is set slightly different. If my memory serves me right it’s a min around .780ish to 1.1ish. I think that helped open up the sound more and give it more dynamics. I feel like I can control it more with my own attack. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom