Herbie CH3 (Cygnus beta 10)

LoPaN

Inspired
Herbie CH3 Scene1 Rhythm, Scene 2 Rhythm + filter to reduce low end, Scene 3 Lead, Scene 4 lead + Chorus. Really nice chunky chewy sound :)
I use a purchased YA cab but I found a factory YA cab after a little high cut low cut was really close.

Attachments

• Herbie CH3.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 76
I really like what you did with the room parameter in the cab block. I hadn't been able to get a sound I like with that.

Cheers

I really like it! It will make a great contrasting guitar tone when I double track - good job!

That’s my favorite amp in the FM3. Absolutely can’t wait until Cygnus comes to the FM3 so that HerbieCH3 can get even better👍

That’s my favorite amp in the FM3. Absolutely can’t wait until Cygnus comes to the FM3 so that HerbieCH3 can get even better👍
You'll love it even more now once the FM3 is on Cygnus! Ive been using the IIC++, Uberschall and a 5150 III for the longest time first on my AxeFx2 then on the Axefx3, while messing with different amps in Cygnus I selected the Herbie Ch3 and I just wish I'd tried it a long time ago, Ive always loved the Mesa Mk series amps but the Herbie has that chewy distortion going on, its pretty addictive.

Herbie CH3 Scene1 Rhythm, Scene 2 Rhythm + filter to reduce low end, Scene 3 Lead, Scene 4 lead + Chorus. Really nice chunky chewy sound :)
I use a purchased YA cab but I found a factory YA cab after a little high cut low cut was really close.
Which YA cab (the purchased one) do you use?

I purchased this pack from Fractal Audio, Its the York Audio bipolar pack and the exact IR is "YA RECTO ST 412 57V b G" I also now run it with another York Audio IR from the 5153 412 VH20 pack "YA 5153 412 57v-CE1" running them both together yields a nice result.

I'd can highly recommend the York Audio MES 412 OS-V2 pack, I just purchased it, hard to find a bad IR in this pack.

Thanks, yes the York Audio IRs are really good, I have the YA 4x12 Blackjack pack (G12H Blackbacks) which is fantastic, the YA Bogna 4x12 pack and the YA Ampeg 4x10 pack (that the bass is not sooo alone).
I have tried your preset with the YA BGNR 412 V30 Mix 10 and like it, okay I'm more with Frank Zappa, Jeff Beck and so on than the heavy stuff but sometimes. . . . . . .thanks again

Back
Top Bottom