Hendrix - you've never heard THIS before!

Womac911

Inspired
Randy Hansen, Hendrix tribute, was at my house today with a local radio DJ, Bob Rivers of "Twisted Tunes" fame... Bob and Randy are in a band together called Heart by Heart, with founding Heart bassist Steve Fossen and Heart drummer Michael Derosier.
Steve was supposed to come as well, but he had some honey-do chores... they'll bring him by some time soon.

They were coming to listed to some Heart multitrack recordings I have, and get a hard drive filled with everything I currently have. It came about thru my call to the radio show segment Bob did on the Frank Ocean and Hotel California debacle.
Bob was amazed at the Heart and Zeppelin tracks.

Anyways, Randy and I got to listening to some of the Hendrix multitracks, and he wanted to hear 3rd Stone From the Sun.

You may have noticed some really funky, very slowed vocals and other weird stuff... we isolated it.

well, here it is.. isolated, slowed, and pitch corrected.

Oh.. and Randy was blown away by the AxeFX. Bob was pretty impressed, and may look into using it for the Twisted Tunes they do...

Great post.

VERY cool listen!!

Derosier is one of my favorite drummers! The drums and bass on the early Heart records are so bad ass. I saw them live about 5 times including their first tour. Was killer to see the original band.

Cool track, it's always great to listen something "new" from Hendrix.
Are those multitracks available anyware?

Back
Top Bottom