Helprequest with download / extract firmware 9 update error

Jul

Inspired
Frustrating to read all the excitement about the latest firmware 9 goodies and not be able to jump on the bandwagon...
After several repeated tries to download and install firmware 9, I continue to receive the same error message when trying to extract from the zip files:

Here's what I get from Winzip when extracting:

Extracting to "C:\Fractal Audio\"
Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
Central and local directory mismatch for file "axefx2_9p00.syx" (general purpose flags - local: 0 hex central: 800 hex).
Central and local directory mismatch for file "Release_Notes.pdf" (general purpose flags - local: 0 hex central: 800 hex).
Central and local directory mismatch for file "Scenes_Mini_Manual.pdf" (general purpose flags - local: 0 hex central: 800 hex).
Local and central GPFlags values don't match.

- Never had this issue before on previous Fractal firmware updates - Anyone else have this problem and/or have a solution ?

Thanks!

Try to extract it to your desktop.
If that dosn't work then i guess you need to redownloads the file.

Ole,

Thanks for your reply - I just now tried that with no success... weird problem. Still trying different approaches. Anyone else care to offer a solution?

Jul

I would delete the zip file in question and download again by saving to your desktop. When extracting with winzip, choose "extract to here". It should create a new folder on your desktop. You can now delete the downloaded file so as not to confuse and inadvertantly try to load the zip file into the Axe. You may want to "write down exactly every step of what you are doing "so that you can post it here

-Reboot.
-Your security settings are set for 'ultra paranoid'.
-Do it on another computer and send the files to yourself.

R

Got something similar with 7-zip:
"Unsupported compression method"
Extracted fine with Windows own "Extract all".
But I downloaded it again and am loading it again as we speak, just to be safe.
Now without any errors ;)

Back
Top Bottom