Help!!

EdgE

Fractal Fanatic
Ok ,just let you know midi sport ,every thing connected right ,been running the same way for a year .Anyway some thing must of got corrupt updating and than going back from newest axe edit to last version. first thing I noticed was my ultra was showing my edited light on and I didn't edit.I'd hit refresh from hardware in axe edit and it was ok .Then I notice when I hit refresh from hardware , the top of axe edit would show sysex send 100% and check sum ok then it keeps sending over and over ,thought it was something new going on and let it go for a minute.I have no sound ,all the names are there but all I hear is clean guitar on the left side.I,ve tried to do a backups ,it shows all my presets in axe edit and names but not the right sound.I get error bad check sum doing a backup ,tried about 4 different backup dates.Maybe someone knows whats going on .I think I could fix by re-downloading firmware.Thought I'd post before I screw things up more. Thanks in advance:( Update ok I got my sound back but its still doing the check sum over and over when I refresh from hardware

Last edited:
Have you sent an email to FAS support yet ? A bad check sum from a hardware refresh doesn't sound right. From what I recall that is usually caused by a connection problem, midi cable, USB or interface.

Have you sent an email to FAS support yet ? A bad check sum from a hardware refresh doesn't sound right. From what I recall that is usually caused by a connection problem, midi cable, USB or interface.
No will probably do that today Thanks for answering

Wow, that sucked, just got stuck in the same loop - I did a search and ended up here (maybe there's a resolution somewhere else). Somehow the patch I was on kept showing up as edited even though I didn't do anything, I think I tried to recall from a stored preset (I had edited it and saved it out once before) because it was annoying me and then it went into this infinite loop of sending the patch over and over. Turned it off yesterday, removed and then reloaded Axe-Edit today, launched it and it immediately went back into the same loop of resending the patch.

Couldn't change anything on the box as it immediately reverts back to the same patch. Rebooting the box doesn't work, tried rebooting with the Recall button held in (saw something in the manual) that didn't help, pulled the USB cable then put it back in, nothing stops it. At one point I pulled the USB cable, set the Axe to Awaiting File hoping I could update the firmware still, but again as soon as I pulled the USB back in it jumped over to the patch and went right back into the loop of death. Finally I happened to change the Source location from within Axe-Edit from "Axe-Fx" to "Bank File" and it quite updating. I finally regained control and can go about the next firmware update. Whew... very annoying!

Nevermind, I'm screwed. I reloaded firmware, preset banks, reset system parameters and when I switched the Source in Axe-Edit from Bank File back to Axe-Fx I'm right back into the loop of death.

I'm in the wrong forum - my issue is on the Axe-Fx II.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom