HELP

wake911

Experienced
So Im at a NYE gig, and my MFC isn't conndcting .to my axe.....any Ideas? Does this .happen If it fets too cold in the car waiting .to get setup??? I have no volume pedal, no tuner....any odeas?

I tried 2 Ethernet cords.....should I go MIDI and power .supply?

Is the MFC getting any power at all? Are you sure you've got the connectors pushed all the way in on both the MFC and the Axe?

I'll double check when opener is off stage, but o pushed hard multiple times...my vol pedal Is plugged Into my MFC and isnt recognized....hmmm

No power or just not connecting to the Axe? As mentioned make sure the connections are solid. Reboot both units while connected.

If you have the MFC power supply and a midi cable and that works it will help isolate the problem.

your instinct was correct - midi + power and figure the rest out later - remember to change from expansion to midi though

Reactions: jon
thank you

So, thanks for the help guys, I was way stressing out!!. changing from Ethernet to power supply and MIDI cable worked. Now I just got home and wss messing around and I cant get my expansion port to connect to axe. It powers up the MFC and I can control the patch changes only, no IA's or pedals work. Gives error of axe name timeout. I've tried 3 different cords including 2 that had always worked....not a big dan of this, but note to self and others always bring a backup. I was able to survive first set with no IA's or pedals, and at set break change to MIDI cable and have full working MfC for second set.

Still have to figure out what's going on, but at least I have a work around for now.

Glad to know you got thru it, and had the sense to bring a backup! ;) I walk with a backup for anything I can - including the axe!

So, thanks for the help guys, I was way stressing out!!. changing from Ethernet to power supply and MIDI cable worked. Now I just got home and wss messing around and I cant get my expansion port to connect to axe. It powers up the MFC and I can control the patch changes only, no IA's or pedals work. Gives error of axe name timeout. I've tried 3 different cords including 2 that had always worked....not a big dan of this, but note to self and others always bring a backup. I was able to survive first set with no IA's or pedals, and at set break change to MIDI cable and have full working MfC for second set.

Still have to figure out what's going on, but at least I have a work around for now.

With that type of error, sounds like the MFC is configured for the wrong mode maybe? Try this:

1. On the MFC, press EDIT
  2. Press MIDI/4 twice
  3. Press SETUP/5
  4. Select II as the mode using UP/DOWN
  5. Press EDIT to save and exit

Dang what a bad situation but good job with plan b! I guess I'm keeping my 7pin and power supply in my bag :)

On my prior equipment (ie Bradshaw) my 7 Pin to 7 Pin male/male cable received it's power by plugging the adapter into an input in the back of the sending unit, which then input the power to the extra 2 of the 7 pins. What kind of 7 pin allows the power to enter at the sending unit via an adapter? Is it a 5 pin plus 2.1mm fem on one end and 7 on the other??

it's a normal 7-pin midi cable. but you can plug the pedal adaptor directly into the axe-fx and the the power gets routed into the midi cable when attached to the MIDI IN of the axe. i don't know what pins to do what, but it's documented.

I think my cat 5 cable just screwed up at a horrible time. I have a really nice 6ft cable I plugged In at home and worked perfectly, but others don't. Just weird that it worked 5 hrs before the gig and didnt later. Oh well once I changed to midi cord and power supply and changed MFC settings it worked again. Chalk it up to buying a shitty cable I guess, only lasted a few months of very limited use.

You are only part of the first wave of many many more on the road failures to come. Our CAT 5 Connectors are an extremely weak link in our armour. There are many other threads regarding this KNOWN WEAK LINK, Topics of ETHERCONN conectors are probably the true hard core end all resolve (and if we were not already complaining about AXE-FX II and MFC-101 costs being so high, could easily have come as factory equipment) but these upgrades can require either fair modifications to equipment cases or can be done with some short jumpers. Also some metal connectors and heavy duty cables are discussed. Read these links to get the low down. Our stock set up is fine in a studio, but probably not what is required for Live performance on tour, so be prepared for your plan B. You can always use your MIDI cable on the road and CAT 5 in studio if the road mods don't make sense to you.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-discussion/44340-all-metall-rj45.html

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...net-axe-fx-ii-midi-foot-controller-101-a.html

Yea, ethercon is the way forward FAS, hopefully we will see it on the MFC 102 when it is being designed....

Back
Top Bottom