HELP!

kenobie72

Just purchased the axe effects 3 and love it. BUT when I try to record with it all I hear is horrific static. Static sound just like a tv with no signal and its LOUD. This happens when I Plug it in though USB into the computer and use the AXE FX as the audio interface. The sound coming back though the headphones directly from the axe is fine its the signal going through the USB to the recording software.

sample rate is 48khz, Studio One 3 on the Daw, and windows 10 for the OS. I believe the drivers are installed but where would i check to make sure newest drivers are in?

Don't know why there's two AxeFX entries in your device manager, only one shows up in mine.

Try this;
Select one of the AxeFx entries properties and select 'Driver' 'Tab. Uninstall driver.
Do the same for the other entry.
Turn AxeFx off.
Reboot the computer (this may not be absolutely necessary but I do it anyway).
Re-install the latest AxeFx driver
Turn on AxeFx.

Also wouldn't hurt to check the AxeFx clock source is set to 'Internal'. Setup>I/O>Audio>Wordclock>Internal

Don't know why there's two AxeFX entries in your device manager, only one shows up in mine.

Try this;
Select one of the AxeFx entries properties and select 'Driver' 'Tab. Uninstall driver.
Do the same for the other entry.
Turn AxeFx off.
Reboot the computer (this may not be absolutely necessary but I do it anyway).
Re-install the latest AxeFx driver
Turn on AxeFx.

Also wouldn't hurt to check the AxeFx clock source is set to 'Internal'. Setup>I/O>Audio>Wordclock>Internal

Well Zedhed that fix the problem in device manager so i can use it in my daw again thank you, but still having the static problem when monitoring/recording through daw.

it has now changed from super loud static to random clicking and popping

Well that's usually associated with sample rate mismatch or clock issues.

I'd try a different USB cable as well. Is it plugged into a USB2 or USB3 port? Try a different USB port.

Back
Top Bottom