MOBY

Hi , Can anyone tell me the best way to set up my recording audio interface as I'm new to this system and trying to learn my way around. I have an Axe F/X 2 xl+ and a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2nd generation interface,

I'm not sure of the best way to connect my Axe F/X 2 into my interface. I first connected the Axe F/X 2 with XLR cables from the L - R balanced output on the rear of the Axe F/x 2 into the front 2 inputs on the Focusrite 2i2 and was able to record a sample track with my Ableton software . It was a very thin sound and not right at all.

The Focusrite 2i2 doesn't have a S/PIDIF 1/8" connection so my next question is should I connect to the XLR I/O AES connection on the rear of the Axe F/X next to the S/PIDIF and into the XLR connections on the front of the Focusrite ?? If this is not right hen I may have to purchase a audo interface with a S/PIDIF connection.

Any help I would greatly appreciate, Rusty

I think those XLRs have Mic Pres behind them. Set it to LINE level and use the 1/4" inputs. To be honest, you may just wish to assign the Axe-Fx as your interface and connect the speakers to it.

I think those XLRs have Mic Pres behind them. Set it to LINE level and use the 1/4" inputs. To be honest, you may just wish to assign the Axe-Fx as your interface and connect the speakers to it.
Can you please explain how to connect it this way as I don't know if this is going to work for me. I want to be able to record tracks with Ableton, play them back through the monitors and burn discs using my PC. How is everyone else here doing it ?

Can you please explain how to connect it this way as I don't know if this is going to work for me. I want to be able to record tracks with Ableton, play them back through the monitors and burn discs using my PC. How is everyone else here doing it ?

AFXIII Output 1 Left / Right to your monitors.....connect USB from AFXIII to computer. Make sure the AFXIII is chosen as the main sound output on your Mac or PC......done. You can now record in Ableton or jam to backing tracks etc....you don't really need the Focusrite.

Hi , Can anyone tell me the best way to set up my recording audio interface as I'm new to this system and trying to learn my way around. I have an Axe F/X 2 xl+ and a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2nd generation interface,

I'm not sure of the best way to connect my Axe F/X 2 into my interface. I first connected the Axe F/X 2 with XLR cables from the L - R balanced output on the rear of the Axe F/x 2 into the front 2 inputs on the Focusrite 2i2 and was able to record a sample track with my Ableton software . It was a very thin sound and not right at all.

The Focusrite 2i2 doesn't have a S/PIDIF 1/8" connection so my next question is should I connect to the XLR I/O AES connection on the rear of the Axe F/X next to the S/PIDIF and into the XLR connections on the front of the Focusrite ?? If this is not right hen I may have to purchase a audo interface with a S/PIDIF connection.

Any help I would greatly appreciate, Rusty

The way I've run everything works great with recording, editing, playback through powered Yamaha monitors. The only problem is it sounds like s^^t !!! Does ANYONE know if I buy another Focusrite with S/pidif 1/8" connection if I will get the Fractal Audio sound we all expect when we pay $3,000.00 for a digital effects processor ?? Is this going to be another waste of time and money ?? Could someone here on the forum explain to me exactly how most people here are running their rig and how it's connected? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Rusty

AFXIII Output 1 Left / Right to your monitors.....connect USB from AFXIII to computer. Make sure the AFXIII is chosen as the main sound output on your Mac or PC......done. You can now record in Ableton or jam to backing tracks etc....you don't really need the Focusrite.
I have a Axe F/X 2 xl + will this make any difference ?? If not I'm going to connect it just the way you said and if it works I'm going to send you a Russian hooker the likes and looks mankind has only dreamt of. Listen for your doorbell after 2:00 a.m. Moby

The Axe II is a audio interface. You really don't need the Focursrite.

nFyPxMc.png

I have a Axe F/X 2 xl + will this make any difference ?? If not I'm going to connect it just the way you said and if it works I'm going to send you a Russian hooker the likes and looks mankind has only dreamt of. Listen for your doorbell after 2:00 a.m. Moby
It'll work the same...

Willowdae,

Thanks so much for your time. I really appreciate you, Moby

The Axe II is a audio interface. You really don't need the Focursrite.

nFyPxMc.png
I looked at this 50 times and didn't think it would work with the software and the Focusrite. The sound was terrible with the other interface. Thanks so much, Moby

I looked at this 50 times and didn't think it would work with the software and the Focusrite. The sound was terrible with the other interface. Thanks so much, Moby
It won't... That's an example of using the Axe Fx as the interface, not an external interface.

Mr. Wilowdale

I'm not getting any output signal from the Axe F/X. Do I go into I/O in the Axe F/X ? I went into prefrences in Ableton to input configure / output configure . Not sure what I'm doing wrong. USB is connected, XLR output 1 & 2 to powered monitors. I have a clipping signal when I arm the tracks. I turned everything down just in case. I get no signal through phones or monitors............. Sounds like I need to choose main sound output but not sure where. Thanks for any ideas, Moby

Mr. Wilowdale

I'm not getting any output signal from the Axe F/X. Do I go into I/O in the Axe F/X ? I went into prefrences in Ableton to input configure / output configure . Not sure what I'm doing wrong. USB is connected, XLR output 1 & 2 to powered monitors. I have a clipping signal when I arm the tracks. I turned everything down just in case. I get no signal through phones or monitors............. Sounds like I need to choose main sound output but not sure where. Thanks for any ideas, Moby
Is it possible I need to uninstall the Focusrite audio drivers in my PC programs ? I've tried to configure the Axe F/X in Ableton but still nothing. I'll not uninstall the Focusrite until I touch base with you, Moby

Back
Top Bottom