HELP!

t0aj15

Power User
Hooked up my new Axe Fx II XL+ to axe edit tonight for the first time.
After downloading the proper driver I had it working.....briefly, until my Axe Fx completely seized up.
I have no idea what I did wrong.
Even though it is powered up none of the front panel controls work.
Since it's so new is there a way to simply reset the machine back to day one?

Does it hang even when you power it off and power it back on? If yes, hold down Page Left and Page Right while cycling power to bring it up in emergency mode. You can factory reset it from the UTILTY menu; the PRESET tab will let you wipe all preset and cabs and the RESET tab will let you reset all the system parameters.

Does it hang even when you power it off and power it back on? If yes, hold down Page Left and Page Right while cycling power to bring it up in emergency mode. You can factory reset it from the UTILTY menu; the PRESET tab will let you wipe all preset and cabs and the RESET tab will let you reset all the system parameters.
"Does it hang even when you power it off and power it back on?"
Yes.

"If yes, hold down Page Left and Page Right while cycling power to bring it up in emergency mode."
I did that and although the utility window opens, the only page options are Firmware and Test and the window reads,

Version 0.00
Feb 20 2015
Press enter to start update.

"You can factory reset it from the UTILTY menu; the PRESET tab will let you wipe all preset and cabs and the RESET tab will let you reset all the system parameters."
There are no Preset or Reset tabs in the Utility window, only the two I mentioned above.

The information above is incorrect.

Hold down Recall while powering on. That will abort the preset load. Then navigate to the Utility->Reset and press Enter.

The information above is incorrect.

Hold down Recall while powering on. That will abort the preset load. Then navigate to the Utility->Reset and press Enter.
Ok, I did that and it made no difference at all.

Edit, after walking away and having a slice of pizza everything seems to be back to normal. I have absolutely no idea how I got into this mess OR how I got out but everything seems to be OK right now. Thanks FractalAudio whatever you suggested worked.

Last edited:
How's this for service? Had a problem with my new Axe-Fx II XL+ tonight, not the unit itself but the software editor (Axe-Edit) which caused the machine to freeze up.

And long.....story short, on a Saturday night when most folks couldn't give a damn, when all I wanted was to get the damn machine working again, who shows up but mister Fractal Audio himself.

One of the the moderators of the site replied to my query with an incorrect response and CC himself followed with a very quick, concise, and accurate solution to the problem.

How's that for service.................when the head of the company STILL finds it worthy of his time to "patrol" and respond to forums about his own gear.

I'm telling you folks this guy is really top shelf.

How's this for service? Had a problem with my new Axe-Fx II XL+ tonight, not the unit itself but the software editor (Axe-Edit) which caused the machine to freeze up.

And long.....story short, on a Saturday night when most folks couldn't give a damn, when all I wanted was to get the damn machine working again, who shows up but mister Fractal Audio himself.

One of the the moderators of the site replied to my query with an incorrect response and CC himself followed with a very quick, concise, and accurate solution to the problem.

How's that for service.................when the head of the company STILL finds it worthy of his time to "patrol" and respond to forums about his own gear.

I'm telling you folks this guy is really top shelf.

This sort of service is why I, like a lot of people, consider myself a Fractal customer for life.

Back
Top Bottom