HELP!

t0aj15

Power User
Wah is not working. I'm using an EV-1 but the wah I once had has disappeared. What did I do to negate my EV-1?

Need more info. Is the block still there on the FX8 but the wah isn't working? You have it set to auto engage? Have you tried swapping out cables to make sure your TRS hasn't gone bad? Have you checked to ensure the wah block is still set to use the correct controller (EXP 1 or whatever)? Have you tried resetting the wah block? Have you tried deleting the wah block and re-entering the controller?

Wah is not working. I'm using an EV-1 but the wah I once had has disappeared. What did I do to negate my EV-1?

After reading your post in Lance's thread I think this is your issue (posted it there too):

When you put a wah block in, you typically need to set the external controller to EXP1 or 2 (whichever has that expression pedal), then you need to set that controller to "auto engage". Also, I believe you should have the block bypassed in the applicable scene (it'll turn on automatically with the pedalwiththe settings mentioned previously).

After reading your post in Lance's thread I think this is your issue (posted it there too):

When you put a wah block in, you typically need to set the external controller to EXP1 or 2 (whichever has that expression pedal), then you need to set that controller to "auto engage". Also, I believe you should have the block bypassed in the applicable scene (it'll turn on automatically with the pedalwiththe settings mentioned previously).
OK... first of all I have no idea how to set the external controller, nor do I know how to set that controller to "auto engage". I've read the manual through and through and I can't find this info. What part of the manual is just blowing right past me?

This is not a gear failure issue, the WAH works fine on other presets, it's just a matter of me not being able to find the section in the manual that explains this info.

Ok no problem. It's in the manual starting on page 54, but this might be easier....

Note: If your other presets with wah are working fine you probably only need to worry about the part where he gets to Axe Edit, but you may as well watch the whole thing. It's short.

Back
Top Bottom