Help - Zakk Wylde Tone

Gebella

Hi All,

I'll admit it - I am not very good at making tones by ear. I went online and I looked up all the settings for the amp, the cab, the drive, the chorus - still does not sound anywhere close.

I am running an XL through Yamahas S8, even playing with a Wylde Audio Guitar. It's still not even close. Yet I see folks on YouTube getting there with a couple of run of the mill pedals. It must be me.

Any assistance with this patch is greatly appreciated. I am looking for his current lead sound, like in Darkest Hour (book of shadows II).

Attachments

• Zakk Test.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 16
Zakk should not Be to tough to nail

Jcm800 w tube type 6550
Boss super Od
Boss Japan chorus
Cry Baby wah
Cab is a Marshall but l loaded with hi power EVM speakers that don’t break up
Out of stock cabs I think Cliff rumble 412 is EVM loaded try that IR

But the biggest thing is the EMG 81
Active pickups in a les Paul

I agree, I tried to cop his tone by using his amps and cabs in the axe FX. Wasn't even close. I used the jcm 800 #34 and I believe the solo v12 cabs. That got me much closer.

I believe I did this with the Spawn Nitrous

You can kind of get that active pickup vibe using passives if you add a compressor block set to dynamics type and adjust to taste

Zakk should not Be to tough to nail

Jcm800 w tube type 6550
Boss super Od
Boss Japan chorus
Cry Baby wah
Cab is a Marshall but l loaded with hi power EVM speakers that don’t break up
Out of stock cabs I think Cliff rumble 412 is EVM loaded try that IR

But the biggest thing is the EMG 81
Active pickups in a les Paul

I did all the above - does not work... hence the post.

I agree, I tried to cop his tone by using his amps and cabs in the axe FX. Wasn't even close. I used the jcm 800 #34 and I believe the solo v12 cabs. That got me much closer.

I believe I did this with the Spawn Nitrous

The Spawn Nitrous is a great suggestion - that seems to push it much closer. Thank you.

Here's my attempt.....:oops:

Hi Moke - that's great, but that does not help with my preset. I know you are selling yours, but bought one of your presets and it did not really translate to my setup. I hear that's common. If you have any insight - it would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom