Help with using MIDI to toggle real amp's boost function per scene

marshall2553

Power User
I'm going to preface this by saying I don't think what I want is possible, but maybe I'm overlooking something.

Gear:
  • Axe Fx III (or FM3)
  • Bogner Ecstacy 3534
  • Voodoo Lab Control Switcher

Setup:
I'm playing around with using an AF3 or FM3 for pre and post effects with the Bogner using the 4CM. I have MIDI out from the AF3 going to MIDI in of the Control Switcher and the 4 TS outs from the Control Switcher going to the 2 TRS footswitch inputs on the Bogner. The amp has 3 footswitchable channels and a footswitchable boost function on the two drive channels. I have a MIDI block in my preset and have set it up to switch to the desired channel on the amp when I change scenes. The boost function toggles on/off via a momentary footswitch. I can setup a MIDI control switch to toggle the boost on and off and assign it to a switch on my FC6. Up to this point everything works very well. I have three scenes, one for each channel of the amp and I can toggle the boost on/off via the control switch

What I'd like:
I'd like to set up two more scenes so I would have:
  • Scene 1 for the clean channel, boost not applicable
  • Scenes 2/3 that switch the amp to channels 2/3 respectively without the boost engaged
  • Scenes 4/5 that switch the amp to channels 2/3 respectively with the boost engaged

I can't figure out a way to do this due to the fact that the boost function is a toggle and I'd need to have the AF3 both toggle it on when entering scenes 4/5 and off when exiting scenes 4/5. I can configure a CS per Scene to trigger the control switch when I enter scenes 4/5. This works the first time you switch to that scene. But, because the boost toggles each time the control switch is triggered, if you go from scene 4 to scene 5 it turns the boost off. Likewise, there's no way to turn the boost off when going from scene 4/5 to any other scene. What I think I need is a way to trigger the control switch as the AF3 is leaving scenes 4/5 to turn the boost off, but that's not possible as far as I can tell. Does anyone have a creative solution to this or should I just be happy with my 3 scene setup with the boost as a manual toggle assigned to a switch on the FC6?

Just stumbled across this as I’m looking at getting the voodoolab switcher for my boogie.
I love the AF3 but also love tube amps.

saying that though, with my other amps, I programme in the boost in the AF3 and do not use the amps boost. In fact, all I use from the amp are the channels (I ignore reverb, boost etc as the AF 3 has plenty of these and they are excellent).

Back
Top Bottom