Help with updating MFC101 to new firmware on PC

I am tring to update the MFC-101 to the newest firmware. I am on PC W7. I have updated the Axe FX to the newest firmware with no problem. I am using MidiOX. I have followed the steps on the forum, using Cobblers info, the Fractal sticky, and Katsu Kuri's video. No luck. I'm sure its something simple that is set wrong. I am going to the AxeFx11 by USB (I have no midi port on my pc) and I'm going 5 pin Midi out to the MFC-101. I set the "send realtime SYSEX"to none and the "USB adapter" to on just as told. The MFC currently says "0% complete" and is ready to accept data. With MidiOX open, I double click on the new MFC firmware and right click in the top window and select "send Sysex". It stays at zero.

Yes. Rather than deleting people should post their solutions so others dont make the same mistakes.

I updated my thread to include step by step using the II as the MIDI adaptor. See post 49 on the Update help link in my sig.

When I had the midiox program open, double clicked the new MFC firmware icon, and right clicked in the top window and selected send systex, it wouldnt work, but when I went o "file" in midiox and located the MFC firmware it did. Sorry, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't understand, that's why I said to delete the post.:) if this helps someone, please leave it up. Many thanks to Cobbler and Katsu Kuri Media, you guys make this so much easier on me. I appreciate your willingness to help the rest of us.
Oh, and I just read your update Cobbler. Yes, that would have helped a lot if I'd read that first! ;)

Many people think their thread will only be seen in the Axe II discussion forum, which isn't true :)

Back
Top Bottom