Help with this sound

bishop5150

Fractal Fanatic
Looking for something to use for the opening guitar part of Close my Eyes Forever by Lita Ford and Ozzy. Just a normal clean guitar sound works fine but I was trying to get it a little closer to the actual song. There are some fx on it that I can't quite make out. Reverse delay? Chorus? Thoughts and input appreciated.

I hear a 12 string even though I see a 6 acoustic.
Try a Fixed Harmony Pitch block with the first voice set to 12 and play with the Detune setting until it's not sterile.
Placement is up to you. Before the amp in series or parallel. After the amp in series or parallel.
See what you like the most.

sounds like a hi-strung guitar or 12 string overdubbed. definite chorus on there. I saw some 12 string patches somewhere or someone was selling one.

Agree, the "backwards" feel/sound is prominent at the start. This is from an interview with Guitar.com. Again, I think it refers to her live rig and isn't indicative of what is on the record.

Guitar.com: So do you hit that boost every time you play a solo?

Ford: I do. I turn it on and I leave it on, like if I want power chords. Say for instance, "Close My Eyes Forever" -- it has a real quiet, tinkly kind of guitar playing intro. I'll use the 12-string with the flanger to play the intro. And then in the bridge these power chords kick in. So I switch necks and I kick on the pre-amp, and I get my power chords. And then it ends again with the quiet, tinkly guitar part. And then I switch back to the 12-string with the flanger.

I think that high "chirping" in the intro is an actual backward guitar track. It's the sound of the reverse envelope.

Put that up in your DAW and reverse it. I bet you can hear it then.

Reverse reverb might get you close.

Back
Top Bottom