Help with the Scenes feature...

Kaldeth

Hello,

I am new to the Axe-fx and have owned it for a few days now and have gotten some time to play around with all of the different functions. All of them are mostly straight forward, the only thing I am having a bit of trouble with is this scenes feature. Basically what I want is a preset for each song I play. Then, within each preset, a different amp/cab combo per scene (for something like clean amp with effects for scene 1 then a high gain amp with no effects for scene 2). I cant get this to work properly without hearing the clean amp in my distorted amp scene but the clean amp scene sound perfectly fine in the preset. can anyone help me set up a preset to accomplish this somehow?

One more thing about building a signal chain in a preset, does it make a difference where I place my effects in the chain? I have seen effects placed above and below a shunt after a cab block then tied back into the signal and I have also seen them placed in line with the signal consecutively like this:

........................./DELAY\
----AMP----Cab--------------OUTPUT
.........................\REVERB/

----AMP----Cab---DELAY----REVERB-------OUTPUT

Does the effect change when placed in the two different locations?

I did it that way for a while (your top example) but I had to use a mixer to get the volume level under control. Finally I just ditched it and went back to linear blocks.

Sounds just as good to me and less fuss.

Back
Top Bottom