• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Help with Studio Setup - Bluetooth

Chris B.

Inspired
I would really appreciate any help/guidance with what I am trying to achieve in regards to my setup.

OVERVIEW:

I plan on placing my AXE FX3 in a 6U rack that will either sit on or near my desk, as the FX3 will be used both at home and for gigs/band practice. The desk that I use for practicing music is not the same desk where my home laptop is normally located at. I will bring my laptop to my recording space to make/edit patches or if I was to ever decide to record; however, most of the time, I will be using my setup to practice guitar and play along with backing tracks. I would like to have a setup that would allow me to stream bluetooth from my phone for the backing tracks. I originally purchased a set of JBL104 BT monitors as a means to do this; however, there is an inherent flaw with these monitors were every signal other than bluetooth is way to quiet. Thus, I have started to look at other monitor options. I am not looking to spend a fortune on this setup and am currently looking at the Yamaha HS8s as everyone here seems to give them very good accolades, but I am open to other speakers as well. My desk is right up against a rear wall (not near corners) and i would only be about 2.5 feet away from the speakers. I have also seen an Arturia Audiofuse Studio interface that has bluetooth and can act as a mixer with out the need for a laptop to be connected. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AudioFuseStu--arturia-audiofuse-studio This option is fairly expensive; however, at $899, and i am not sure if it is a good interface. I appreciate any advice!

Top Bottom