Help with SP-2 exp pedal

I've got output 1 from SP-2 into exp 1 on MFC.
In MFC setup I've got XP1 #016 CH01 begPDL
I've calibrated the min max.
I/O on the axe fx - ext ctrl1 - 16

I put a wah block in a preset. Edit the control source to EXTRN1. Immediately the dot goes to the top right even though the SP2 is in heel position. Moving pedal back and forth does nothing. I do get MIDI IN green light response from pedal.

What am I missing?

the SP2 switch changes between physical output 1 and 2 ports on the pedal itself. you might just have to press the switch.

I no longer get any response on the wah block control. I even added another trs cable for output 2 into exp 2. I reset the MFC. Still no response for external control 1.

The dot no longer moves. Are there any other midi connection settings to check on the axe fx?

I even added another trs cable for output 2 into exp 2.
did you set up XP2 on the MFC?

if you're using an Axe-Fx, try plugging the SP-2 directly into the Pedal jack on the Axe itself and set the I/O CTRL menu External Controller to PEDAL rather than its default number (remember that number though). does it work? try pressing the switch on the SP-2 to make sure you've engaged the correct output.

Tried directly into pedal jack and this works flawlessly.

Any other MIDI settings to try on the MFC? Any ideas why it won't work?

I know the MFC is getting response from the pedal because it will calibrate. The axe fx MIDI IN Led lights up too, so I don’t understand what else could be missing.

Last edited:
Check the XP port CC# on the MFC again. Default for XP1 is CC#11 so if you actually reset the MFC, it wouldn't have matched your Ext Ctrl 1 setting anymore.

SOLVED!

I had set AxeFx to MIDI Ch. 6.

MFC - XP1 #016 Ch01 BegPDL. That was the kicker!
changed to
MFC - XP1 #016 Ch06 BegPDL Works like a charm!

Back
Top Bottom