Help with Shut Up and Dance preset

sounds like U2.

keep in mind the intro guitar is 2 separate takes. 1 is playing the notes without delay. another is just doing the scratch sounds. you could do the U2 thing to get something close.

I use a vintage digital delay at 470ms. I got this from the strymon timeline article with Walk the Moon’s guitarist. He claims he uses an el84 style amp at edge of breakup with that delay.

In my preset, I used a AC20 12ax7 channel.

I use a vintage digital delay at 470ms. I got this from the strymon timeline article with Walk the Moon’s guitarist. He claims he uses an el84 style amp at edge of breakup with that delay.

In my preset, I used a AC20 12ax7 channel.
Thanks man. I will give that a try.

Does anyone have a preset for this song? I wasn't sure really where to start. I appreciate it
I recorded this song as a demo. There are 2 guitar parts in the intro. One is a muted 16th note strum, the other is a hybrid picked part. No obvious delay was used. The chorus was double tracked using the same sound as the intro. I used a Friedman amp to record on medium gain using a Stratocaster bridge pick up. The Friedman 2010 in the FX3 would be ballpark.
15th song in this link https://darylmcmurtrie.wixsite.com/twotone/music

Last edited:
I recorded this song as a demo. There are 2 guitar parts in the intro. One is a muted 16th note strum, the other is a hybrid picked part. No obvious delay was used. The chorus was double tracked using the same sound as the intro. I used a Friedman amp to record on medium gain using a Stratocaster bridge pick up. The Friedman 2010 in the FX3 would be ballpark.
15th song in this link https://darylmcmurtrie.wixsite.com/twotone/music
That sounds great

I'm just learning this for our covers band. Is that you playing the synth solo on guitar? If so then any tips on effects you used would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edit, just looked and as the poster of the track hasn't been online for over a year, a reply is unlikely! If anyone else has any effects suggestions for playing the synth solo on guitar then I'd be very grateful to hear your thoughts

Back
Top Bottom