Help with setting up long delay w/2 Delay blocks needed

Valhalla

Hey, I want to set up a simple 16 second delay using the two delay blocks in series and could use some guidance.
I'm not sure how to set the bypass modes, levels, feedback, input gain etc. on the respective delay blocks.
I've read through a couple threads on this subject but I'm still not comprehending it all. I'm just not very "left brain" when it comes to this stuff.
Is it necessary to use the Send/Return and Vol blocks? I don't have an EP or looking to vary the volume of the loop.
I would like to retain the dry guitar signal when playing lead over the loops while they feed back, so I'd like to be able to switch in/out of the delays.
I wish to hear the dry signal while feeding the delays, but not hear the first delay, just the output from the second (8 secs plus 8 secs) delay. I guess I need to know how to set the Bypass mode from the first delay (I think, among other things). I hope that makes sense.
Also allow the loop to feed back for a good while.
Here is a shot of the first crude starting point.
Advice is much appreciated. Thanks.
16 secs Delay.png

Attachments

• 16 secs Delay.png
    16 secs Delay.png
    191.4 KB · Views: 4
Set your feedback on both delay blocks to zero, their mix to 100%, and use the send and return blocks to create an external feedback loop around the parallel part of the signal chain. Put the Return block under the cab block and feed it into the first delay and put the send block after the reverb in row 3 or under the reverb block in row 4 if you don't want to include the reverb in the feedback loop. You would then use the send level to control how much signal gets fed back to the first delay via the return block. You would use the Input Gain parameter of the 1st delay block to control the level of the delay relative to the dry.

Does this look right?
Delay 1 and 2 are set the same. Do I need to change anything in the Return block?
Does the delay Ratio figure into it?
I can't try it at the moment. Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
delay ratio doesn't figure into it...that's the difference between the left and right times. btw, feedback is controlled by the level of the return block. you'll need to set it to 100% mix and also change the cabling, so that the cables from the top line go into the delay block and out of the reverb block instead of the send and return blocks.

Hey Simeon thanks for the suggestions. I took time to read the section on creating feedback loops in the manual and took your advice here.
Now I understand mr fender's direction to put the Return block under the cab block. Previous pics deleted for embarrassment. :rolleyes:
FeedbackLoop.png

If I wanted to send this delay/rev loop to Output 2 (but not Output 1), would this be the correct routing?
FBLoopOut2.png
I appreciate all the help. It means a lot.
(p.s. donation made to Simeon this morning for presets and expert advice)

Back
Top Bottom