Help with reamping

bjjp2

Power User
First time trying to reamp. I must be an idiot because I've read everything and watched all the videos and I just can't seem to understand. So I'm hooked up to my computer just with USB. Using Logic as DAW. I've gotten to the point where I've recorded (simultaneously) a wet and dry track. Now what do I do? Trying to follow various instructions but just not making sense to me. Any help is appreciated.

1. Solo the dry (DI) track.
2. In Axe-FX I/O: Audio menu, set "Main Input Source" to "USB".
3. Record to a new track while the soloed DI plays back. (Ensure software monitoring is disabled for the new track, or you'll get a feedback loop.)

1. Solo the dry (DI) track.
2. In Axe-FX I/O: Audio menu, set "Main Input Source" to "USB".
3. Record to a new track while the soloed DI plays back. (Ensure software monitoring is disabled for the new track, or you'll get a feedback loop.)

Thanks but I'm still missing something. When I do the above I get. . . a new track that sounds just like the dry track. Doesn't seem to be taking anything from the Axe.

Make sure the new track is set to record USB channels 1 & 2 (or just 1 for mono).

"USB/DIGI Out Source" should be set to "Output 1", but it probably is already if you recorded a processed track over USB.

Make sure the new track is set to record USB channels 1 & 2 (or just 1 for mono).

"USB/DIGI Out Source" should be set to "Output 1", but it probably is already if you recorded a processed track over USB.

The new track is set to Input 1 and ”Stereo Output.” Don’t know what “USB/DIGI Out Source” is.

USB/Digi Out Source is a parameter in the Axe I/O: Audio menu.

Are your speakers connected to the Axe-FX? In other words, no separate interface or built-in computer sound is being used as the output device in an aggregate setup?

Are your speakers connected to the Axe-FX? In other words, no separate interface or built-in computer sound is being used as the output device in an aggregate setup?

No just Axe to computer through USB. Axe is set up as both output device and input device in DAW. Thanks for trying to help. I think I’m just missing something simple and fundamental.
Edit: going to sleep. I’ll check everything again tomorrow.

Success! That was the last problem. Was monitoring through my computer not through the Axe. Plugged into the headphone out of Axe and could hear the reamping. Thanks so much for your help.

Back
Top Bottom