help with pitch shifter!!

pierre.pan

Hi everybody,

I would like to do a simple thing, but I'm not familiar with the pitch shifter

i want my sound, with a second voice (the fifth in major scale, don't know the word in english), 7 semi tones higher, a mix of the two voices.

i have tried many options of the pitch shift, and don't found a good result. The natural sound of the guitar is not at the same octave (one down i think)...

so it is probably simple to add just a voice , and not modify the original octave

Perhaps it's not very clear

If someone has a good way to do that....

Thanks a lot

Pierre

Try the pitch block's "Advanced Whammy" type. Set "stop" parameter to 7 and ensure CTRL parameter is at 100%. (If you also set "start" to 7, the CTRL value is irrelevant.) Adjust original/shifted note blend with "mix" parameter. You'll probably want "pitch track" set to "mono" unless playing chords. (Simple power chords and octaves are generally fine with mono tracking.)

Fixed Harm. mode can also work, but Adv. Whammy mode uses less CPU% when you only need one shifted voice.

I don't have the AXE FXII in front of me and I'm not sure if I understand you correctly but maybe you're looking for this:
Fixed Harmony
Voice 2 to 0%
Voice 1 to 100%, pitch were you want
...and adjust the mix to your preference.

Hi bakerman and don_joe, i will try your two options, hope the original voice will stay at the same octave!

thanks a lot

Back
Top Bottom