Help with Musicman guitar repairs in Canada (Toronto)

PaulC

Inspired
Looking for some help with getting EBMM JP guitars repaired. This involves the electronics, not hardware. I have a JP12 that needs the circuit board based input jack fixed. I have a Majesty that needs the preamp fixed after being replaced. I took it to a local guitar store who said they know how and they messed it up.
I live in Toronto, Canada and am hoping that someone may know of a good place to get these kind of repairs done. Ideally in Toronto, but I can ship it somewhere in Canada if I find a great place. I love these guitars but don't want to send them down to California to get repaired. I'm feeling cautious after that Majesty mess.
Thanks for any help with this.

Thanks Ian, I will have a talk with them. I have taken guitars there before but not for these more complex electronics repairs. Most of the places I have been to know all about setups and changing pickups or standard luthier jobs but nothing like this. I wouldn't have thought of 12th fret so that is an option I will explore.
Interestingly, I would have to look through records but I'm sure I bought the JP12 there :)

Their luthiers and repair shop are top notch. And, in my experience, when they don’t know how to solve your problem they’re clear about it and can generally refer you to so someone who can. For guitars, they can do anything in-house, but I’ve had them recommend outside repair personnel for amp issues I’ve needed addressing. Their referrals were also top notch.

I know of The Guitar Shop, not sure about ShyBoy or Tex. Where are they? Cosmo is where I took it originally

Back
Top Bottom