Help with making humbucker guitar sound like an acoustic?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
No FRFR here and using humbuckers. I know a notch filter needs to be used. Any other tips for this scenario? Thanks!

A tone match.

Check out Fremens presets ... there's an Acoustic preset in there (with a tonematch block in it as I recall). You'll be up against it using a humbucker in any case .... but with the volume rolled back a bit it might work ok

I created a few different acoustic presets using a ToneMatch block in each one. Each preset used a different sample for the ToneMatch; some brighter than others, even a classical one, so I can use a different acoustic guitar sound depending on the song. I used an Ibanez electric with a piezo tremolo, but found that it still sounds pretty good using the humbucker (but for best results, use the humbucker for the guitar part of your tonematch). Used a Null type Filter block to push the signal through the ToneMatch block. Also used EQ, Delay, Enhancer and Reverb blocks.

Last edited:
If you roll your own tone match, use the middle position on your pickup selector. That way, you start with the guitar's most acoustic-like sound.

Back
Top Bottom