Help with how to do this for leveling?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Currently using one amp block and channels to do all my amp tones. I have an external foot switch from the 1+2 and 3+4 jacks assigned to 4 different things(EQ Boost, Wash Swell Delays, and then one for amp level up +1db and one for amp level down -1db). The levels auto save and that is cool.

Issue with above: I use a lot of patches for different songs and I use scenes. If I change the amp level for one patch, it changes the level for all patches on that channel, as I use global amp for all patches. This solves my problem for that patch, but the messes up all other patches.

Question: Can I use output block to level scenes AND do this by utilizing the external foot switch from the 1+2 and 3+4 jacks and reassign it to auto save the output level for whatever scene I'm in? As long as that Output block is not assigned globally of course.

I want to retain a simple one amp block with 4 channels of different amps and not mess with those levels, yet be able to level the scenes and NOT affect other patches.

If above is not doable, then what do you propose? Thanks!

I think you'd have to unlink the global amp block to stop it affecting all the other patches. You can maybe use the global output volume +/- options to adjust and autosave instead, but I can't remember if that is saved per scene or not.

If changing your global amp in one preset messes up the level of other presets, it means that you haven’t set up those other presets correctly for consistent output. Investigate why those other presets are affected.

Amp Level is the only thing that supports this function as far as I know.
Can it be assigned to output block and have a +1 and -1 level up and down with auto save?
I much preferred it when the Vol +/- affected the Scene Levels (essentially the same as the request for output block).

In my case, I often use the same amp/channel across multiple scenes, and the current implementation means that changing the amp level affects all the scenes using that channel, when what I really want is to just change for example, Scene 3.

Can it be assigned to output block and have a +1 and -1 level up and down with auto save?

Yes there are Inc and Dec options for both Output 1 and Output 1, but it appears to be the main output level for the block, not for just the current scene.

Yes there are Inc and Dec options for both Output 1 and Output 1, but it appears to be the main output level for the block, not for just the current scene.
I guess the Footswitch Guide is a bit outdated (2/2020) as it doesn't list that option...

They're in the MIDI/Remote menu on the Axe III. Should be able to directly assign the external switches of the FM to them there.

I use the Increment Decrement on the Output Block. It adds +1db or subtracts -1db and auto-saves... per Scene in each Preset.
I have it connected to 2 Switches on my MMGT22.

Back
Top Bottom