Help with getting my axe fx connected in pro tools please help

Jackp

Inspired
Here is what I've tried
1Connected unbalanced out 1 left &Right to to line in of Focusrite 828 line in no sound
2 connected unbalanced out 1 left & Right to instrument in Focusrite 828 sounds destorted when bringing up trim on Focusrite
I don't understand why there isn't any sound to the line level of the 828 Focusrite
3 Connected to API pre hi z input distorted
4 Connected Balanced XLR to my Digi 192 hardly any sound had to max it out to get sound
5 Connected to AES in and out to my 192 sounds good , then the tuner is wacky some said set the clock at 48
Do you set this on the word clock , Iam using a Isochrone word clock all my session are at 44.1
Or is there somewhere within the Axe a Fx to set this
Oh it sounds it sounds great through the headphones
I have to be doing something wrong
Thanks guys

Last edited:
Here is what I've tried
1Connected unbalanced out 1 left &Right to to line in of Focusrite 828 line in no sound
2 connected unbalanced out 1 left & Right to instrument in Focusrite 828 sounds destorted when bringing up trim on Focusrite
do you have to switch from the Instrument input to the Line input on the Focusrite?

press the Utility button on the front panel, then go to Status for the vertical VU Meters. when you play with headphones, how full are the Output meters?

Hey Chris
I have to use the instrument in on the focusrite 828 , I have no sound with line input on the 828
As for what you were asking , in the utility screen , status L 1 R 1 looks like the signal is almost @ 100%
Appreciate you helping me
It's about to drive me crazy not being able to use it to record with . I just got it last week and I love it

I'm asking if you need to activate the Line level inputs on your Focusrite or change it from Instrument to Line to make them work?

how do you activate the line level , I can change the it from instrument to line from the front of the 828 but when I change there is no sound on the line level
Can you explain

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom