Help with first preset

• Thread starter Deleted member 62268
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62268

hi all,

i am trying to complete my first preset to use for a concert this Monday. My main problem is the distortion - i need a smooth and tight distortion for soloing (close to holdsworth). I am trying to use the same settings i normally would use with the same pedals ( i know its a bad idea) as a start. I am using a les paul style guitar and and using the neck pickup for clean and distortion.

Im open to other suggestions as well.

My main problem is the distortion. It sounds too digital and fizzy for me and I dont know how to fix it.

i am a complete AX8 beginner. please keep that in mind.

Thanks

Attachments

• test patch 1 help.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 11
why is the drive pedal after the amp and cab?

I have no idea. Where should it go? Again, I’m a beginner. Any other issues with my oder? I’m open to all suggestions.

You said that you set it up initially like you would have with your real pedals. A Drive pedal would go in front of the amp..

I meant the drive settings.

Alright. So before the amp? And the others? And the cab?

I meant the drive settings.

Alright. So before the amp? And the others? And the cab?
try the drive before the amp first, and see if that makes things better.

drive after amp/cab would sound "digital" even with real gear. you're distorting the main tone after the fact, not contributing to the gain stages by placing it before the amp. you'd pretty much always put drive pedals before amps in any situation.

try the drive before the amp first, and see if that makes things better.

drive after amp/cab would sound "digital" even with real gear. you're distorting the main tone after the fact, not contributing to the gain stages by placing it before the amp. you'd pretty much always put drive pedals before amps in any situation.

Ok cool. Thanks!

Any advice for the EQ or the gain of the pedal? It still doesn’t sound like a normal lead gain/ distortion.

No problem. I changed quite a few things, but don't have time to list it all right now.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about why I did what I did.

This patch is perfect for my guitar. Thanks again! I will send you a DM with some questions.

Back
Top Bottom