Help with external footswitch

M.M.

Hi all!

I had a couple of momentary footswitches lying around the house, and I wired them up in a box with two jacks, so I could have two easy access switches at all times with the AX8 (as I mostly use the scene switching mode).

Here is the catch:
I've set them up so the controllers reset (PC Reset) when I change presets, but the AX8 saves the last state of the switch (they are in latching mode), meaning I have to press it twice in the following preset. I have presets following the setlist for groups of songs, and this is kind of annoying.

Is there any trick around this I am not finding?

Any help would be great!

I never could find a solution with the AX-8 that always worked, so I now only use external switches for momentary stuff with the AX-8. Which is funny, I use 2 switches with the mfc and AxeFx II XL and they work good.

That is just the way they work. I'm kind of disappointed that this issue has never been solved in a software update at some point.

I have 2 externals that I use, one for lead boost and the other for a delay boost. I've had good luck with a pair of external aux switches that have an LED that lights up when activated. It doesn't address the core issue from the original post but it has made life easier as a reminder when I go to new patch and the activated state is selected.

I have 2 externals that I use, one for lead boost and the other for a delay boost. I've had good luck with a pair of external aux switches that have an LED that lights up when activated. It doesn't address the core issue from the original post but it has made life easier as a reminder when I go to new patch and the activated state is selected.

Yeah, I thought about adding an LED and work as if it was a pedal, but I can't add a led to the switches I have, and getting new switches would defeat the cheap purpose of wiring these ones I had laying around

what are the pedal inputs? TRS? if they are TRS can each pedal input cater for two on/off style switches, potentially adding another 4 buttons?

Can you post a link to the External switches you're using? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom