Help with expression pedals and changing the global boost function

Paulg2uk

Power User
Hey guys,

So my mission pedals are on the way finally. Just a couple of questions which I'm sure have been answered before. Like many other users I'm gonna have an SP-1 for wah and the ep-1 for volume and maybe a bit of whammy, I've been recommend on the forum to get rid of the global boost function I have set up as I won't be able to use the volume pedal if I still have that in place. And just basically add a vol block to each patch I want to control the volume for boosting. Is that correct?

So what's the best way and easiest way to do this? I have a global boost set to one of IA switches on the MFC so I'd like to change that to a vol block function so I can toggle on and off for solos etc. I know how to change IA switches that's no problem but i can't remember how to change the settings to disable the global boost'.

I think I can follow the other forums on how to set the wah,whammy and vol up. Obviously I won't know till I try.

Many Thanks in advance

Paul

It seems like this was pretty much answered here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...-volume-pedal-if-ive-set-up-global-boost.html

You can keep the global boost IA if you want. Set the pedal to the CC# of an EXT CTRL (which you'll need for any non-volume effect control anyway) and assign the EXT CTRL to the volume of some block when you want to add pedal volume control. The IA will always act as a separate boost at the very end of the signal path.

If you do take a different approach with the IA, setting it to another CC# (for an EXT CTRL or a specific block's bypass) would mean it no longer controls Out 1 or 2 volume. Remember to set off value back to 0 if setting up as an EXT CTRL. (If you set it to a Axe-FX mode block bypass the general use on/off values aren't relevant.)

Thanks for the reply and the info I wasn't aware I could keep the global boost and set the volume pedal to a separate block. Its probably because the mfc is set to work with the global volume in output 1 I didn't think I could do both. I will definitely try it when my pedals turn up.

Back
Top Bottom