Help with expression mark 2 axe fx 3

Harm

Experienced
Hi all, I have a third party midi controller. 3 cc pedals attached. Took them straight from my ax8 where they worked perfectly. I plugged them into the midi controller but the axe doesn’t respond.
I went to setup—midi remote—-external and set external control 1 to pedal one, 2to pedal 2 and wanted 3 to 3 but can’t choose that. I used learn and now it says cc#3. That means the axe is “seeing”. The pedals. However, nothing in the axe seems to work with the cc controllers. Are my settings ok?
Oh, axe3 mark 2 btw

Last edited:
Pedal 1 and 2 refer to the expression pedal inputs on the Axe III's rear panel. Your External Control numbers should be set to CC#s if connected to an external MIDI controller. You might need to calibrate the pedals in the MIDI controller as well.

Are you assigning a modifier to a parameter and choosing External 1,2,or 3 as the source?

Well I was hoping that they could be set to numbers which are used in the factory presets so I do not have to adjust the modifiers in every preset.

I think most of the factory presets are set up to use External Control 1 for wah. Have to double check.

Well I was hoping that they could be set to numbers which are used in the factory presets so I do not have to adjust the modifiers in every preset.
What are you wanting to control in the presets?

Well, basicly all I want is like in the axe 2 I have 3 expression pedals nr 1, 2 and 3
I’d like the factory settings and the fremen presets I bought to work with those. However they say as modifiers “fm 1,2”. When I use my pedals now nothing happens. I don’t know what to do.

Well, basicly all I want is like in the axe 2 I have 3 expression pedals nr 1, 2 and 3
I’d like the factory settings and the fremen presets I bought to work with those. However they say as modifiers “fm 1,2”. When I use my pedals now nothing happens. I don’t know what to do.
the Factory Presets don't have multiple parameters assigned. it wouldn't know what you want to control, so you'd have to assign those modifiers. there are many parameter options, so plugging in a pedal won't automatically change the ones you want, because no one could know what you specifically want to affect.

most Factory Presets with a Wah pedal have it ready for External Controller 1. if you move your first pedal in a preset with the Wah, does the wah work?

as far as Fremen's presets, are you certain they use External Controller 1, 2 and 3? custom presets often use different numbers so they don't interfere with the Default External Controller 1.

Ok, Thanks guys. I got it going so far. Factory preset is responding to wah. Mr fender made me start again and using learn on all 3 worked. I had let the cc one and 2 to pedal 1 and two which didn’t work because they refer to the ones on the back of the axe.
Remains calibration. Must be done on my midi pedal?

Back
Top Bottom