Help with EMG DG20 loaded strat

Scotlandyabass

Inspired
I have a strat loaded with emg signature David gilmour pickups but my style of patches are very bright and i like to roll back a lot on the tone knob and volume on my other guitars but as the dg pickups have exp and SPc controls (bass treble boost and mid boost)instead of traditional tone control
I wondered if I can fit a tone knob wired in front of the jack as I don't want to mess with the emg solderless setup
Any thoughts or advice would be great as I don't want to have a whole set of seperate patches purely for this guitar

Cheers

Bry

I also have a strat with DG20, the 2 Tone controls must be set on 0 for the unaltered sound. If you still find it too bright, maybe set your presets differently, lowering presence or treble, lowering hipass in cab block or trying different cabs...

I also have a strat with DG20, the 2 Tone controls must be set on 0 for the unaltered sound. If you still find it too bright, maybe set your presets differently, lowering presence or treble, lowering hipass in cab block or trying different cabs...

Thanks Al
It's more of wanting to use the same patches but adding the tone control on the guitar to suit the way I control my tone
I do love the pickups but I struggle to not have the ability to roll back tone on the guitar in the traditional way, I'm really looking for a wiring option before the jack socket or to know if its possible
Cheers

I have the same issue, and AFAIK you can just add another tone pot, the EMG stuff is all extendable. If you haven't one to spec, maybe you could get a spare EMG one from a luthier - each pickup sold tends to have pots with it, so there should be some spares.

Here's the info from the EMG product sheet for the SA pickup (i.e.the DG20 one):

"All EMG Pickups are compatible with each other.
The Volume and Tone controls included with this EMG System are 25K Ohm. This value is required for the system to work correctly. "

not sure if before the jack is the best place
The older DG20 has separate SPC and EXP modules, but the newer one has it as one large unit, so you couldn't tap in between them I think

Cheers
Tone

Back
Top Bottom