Help with Dual External Switch

just swap the button assignments in the stand in switch menu. I’m not at the FM3 this afternoon but I remember mine were backwards from what I wanted. So I just changed the assignments in the stand-in switch menu which is accessed on the FM3 and not available in FM3 Edit IIRC. Problem solved.

If you can’t get it, I’ll post my settings when I’m back at the unit.

there’s no reason to mod the switch. That’s just silly.

Settings would be great!

Oh I see. I thought you wanted to change which switch was the tip switch and which was the ring switch. That has to be done via rewiring or moving the switches. You can always change the assignment for any switch to match the layout you want. You just have to remember which one is the tip switch and which one is the ring switch when assigning them.

Thanks for the replies all. Think I got it. This seems to work.

Hr45oog.jpg

BTW... not exactly correct. Should have mentioned I have an exp pedal plugged into SW 2. With the above, the pedal changed presets. So I changed SW 2 so it’s blank now. SW 1 works as intended. Although need to figure out the exp pedal to be used as a wah.

The way you have it defined, the expression pedal plugged into Switch 2 is going to execute the preset inc/dec function when you move the pedal. Remove both of the assignments for Switch 2.

Two things:

1. Do you have hold functions assigned to your switch definitions in the Layout?

2. Make sure you are using a stereo cable from the switch to the FM3 (TRS at both ends). Same for the expression pedal

I'm using the Mosky 2-button switch.

Here are the assignments I have for the stand-in switches. I used two unused buttons from Layout 1 to define the functions I want to use with the 2-button switch.

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 7.38.29 PM.png

Here are the settings in the FM3.

I have the expression pedal connected to SW1. There is no need to define anything for SW1 in this page because the expression pedal is not a stand-in switch.

StandIn01.jpg

Here are the settings I have in the IO menu on the FM3.

StandIn02.jpg

StandIn03.jpg

Man you guys had to go through a lot of crap to get this switch to work. I just plugged in the I'm using and went to town.

Not really. I just set up two stand-in switches, plugged it in, made the assignments and it all worked. Just had to swap the order of the assignments to get the functions on the left and right in the order I wanted them. Took me about 10 minutes to figure it out.

I posted all the relevant screens in case the OP had changed some of those settings. There’s nothing about this switch that makes it more difficult to configure than any other two-button switch.

Not really. I just set up two stand-in switches, plugged it in, made the assignments and it all worked. Just had to swap the order of the assignments to get the functions on the left and right in the order I wanted them. Took me about 10 minutes to figure it out.

I posted all the relevant screens in case the OP had changed some of those settings. There’s nothing about this switch that makes it more difficult to configure than any other two-button switch.
I guess it just looks that way! I didn't have this issue with the type of switch I used (T1M) so maybe it was the way this particular switch was wired?

OK - I thought this would be straight forwards, but it clearly isn't.

So I have plugged my two 2 button foot switches into my FM3:
  • in IO, each are Follow Hardware, Normally Closed, Momentary Break
  • in Stand In Switches, each are set to 1 Scene, Select, 2 Scene, Select, etc.

If I double click on each, they do the scene change, but the first click seems to switch layouts and stuff. What am I doing wrong? Can I not have them setup to always be scene controllers regardless of what layout I am in?

This thing is crazy configurable. I've set up my stand in switches to work off of the Perform layout, as stand in switches. I just re-programmed the first four slots there to my outboard quad momentary switch.

Row 1
Sw1 - press for scene 1, hold for effects layout view 1
Sw2 - press for scene 2, hold for per-preset layout view 1
Row 2
Sw3 - press for scene 3, hold for effects view 2
Sw4 - press for scene 4, hold for looper

So it doubles as a scene controller and as shortcuts to the layouts I may use most (I play at home only), and it doesn't interfere with the factory layouts (other than perform).

OK I have a brain teaser here-it's my brain that is being teased btw.
So if I use a boss double fs as my second standin, with a TRS cable do I get 4 functions? like 2 pedals tap & hold each? I do not think so. So what's the point of a 2 switch TRS pedal. Couldn't I do the same with a regular mono pedal using tap & hold-2 functions?
Hope that makes some sense.

first external is exp pedal, no issues there.

OK I have a brain teaser here-it's my brain that is being teased btw.
So if I use a boss double fs as my second standin, with a TRS cable do I get 4 functions? like 2 pedals tap & hold each? I do not think so. So what's the point of a 2 switch TRS pedal. Couldn't I do the same with a regular mono pedal using tap & hold-2 functions?
Hope that makes some sense.

first external is exp pedal, no issues there.
I'm making some assumptions about what you're asking, but...

If you have two footswitches on a TRS cable, then you can assign a tap and a hold function to each switch.

"Pedal" usually means expression pedal. It's a different thing from a footswitch.

This sounds like too much effort (I.e, “resoldering”?). Can anyone recommend another switch? Similar In size?
Just unscrew the back panel and swap the positions of the switches, it's super easy and requires nothing other than a screwdriver and it takes about 45 seconds to do.

Back
Top Bottom