Help with Axe-Fx 2 SysEx messages

laxu

Fractal Fanatic
So I'm building a software to communicate with the Axe-Fx 2 over SysEx but the Wiki is missing some function IDs. Could someone tell me how to do the following things?
  • Get scene number. I know how to set it but not how to just read it. Does the Axe-Fx 2 even send this because if I change it from the front panel I seem to only read the "front panel change" message?
  • Get names of things, for example cab IR names?
Thanks in advance.

So I'm building a software to communicate with the Axe-Fx 2 over SysEx but the Wiki is missing some function IDs. Could someone tell me how to do the following things?
  • Get scene number. I know how to set it but not how to just read it. Does the Axe-Fx 2 even send this because if I change it from the front panel I seem to only read the "front panel change" message?
  • Get names of things, for example cab IR names?
Thanks in advance.
- Getting the current scene is done with same message as setting the scene but setting it with 0x7f. Then the fasDevice will answer with the current scene
- Getting cab names is done with message 0x12, followed by the cab number you wanna get, or 0x7f and 0x7f bytes to get all cab names (like AxeEdit does when started-up)

- Getting the current scene is done with same message as setting the scene but setting it with 0x7f. Then the fasDevice will answer with the current scene
- Getting cab names is done with message 0x12, followed by the cab number you wanna get, or 0x7f and 0x7f bytes to get all cab names (like AxeEdit does when started-up)

Thank you! Added the get scene number to Wiki.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom