Help with assignments on FC-12

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
I have switch 10 blank and unused on my FC and a new song requires me to turn on and off two blocks but my scenes are full. I assigned them to control switch 1 and it works fine but I don't want it on all my presets. Is there a way to have it on just one preset? It shows on all my presets now. I tried per preset with no luck.

Last edited:
Per-preset is probably what you need. Sounds like you want to use the Overrides. Maybe something like the below. I'm setting an Override for button 10 on my Main layout to be PerPreset#1. I then assign PerPreset#1 to be the Control Switch.

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 12.48.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-23 at 12.48.53 PM.png

Another option is to just make Switch 10 always be your PP#1 since it's not used. Then you don't need to use the overrides section.

EDIT: Just realized, this shows up as PerPreset/#01 in the display for presets that don't have a PP#1 defined. You probably don't want that to be displayed. There doesn't appear to be a custom setting to change that without touching the other presets.

Last edited:
Another option is to just make Switch 10 always be your PP#1 since it's not used. Then you don't need to use the overrides section.
I'll give it a go. If I override it, does that mean it will only be active for that preset? I just want it blank or use something else there for other presets. Thanks for the help.

Sorry, I just updated my post when not using the "overrides" in the per-preset section but defining PP#1 on the FC layout instead. It's showing "PerPreset/#01" in the display for presets that don't have PP#1 defined. I don't see a global way to change that. Maybe someone else knows, but I don't see an FC Config option or a Custom Display option for that.

I usually use the Overrides/Per-Preset in Presets in general. Seems like the best approach for this case.

Back
Top Bottom