Help with acurate sound reproduction

A to the T

Experienced
Currently, my guitar rig goes into a mixer and the Main Mix outputs to my Yamaha HS50m Studio Monitors and KRK 10" Sub.
My guitar and Axe sounds great. I know this config is not true FRFR but I treat it that way as I feel the sound reproduction is very accurate.

Here's the issue:

The Alt Channel 3-4 Mix is sent to a pair of Behringer K900FX FR Keyboard/PA Powered Cabinets mounted on speaker stands. I use these specifically for jamming and playing loud but the sound quality is not the same. I don't expect it to be the same. I can't justify buying an FRFR P.A. or anything right now so I'm trying to make do with what I have.

What I'd like to try and achieve is to see if I can come close in matching the sound being output by my HS50m with my P.A. setup.
I was thinking of trying to find an audio file with a wide dynamic range and then capturing the audio coming out of my HS50m's with my condenser mic.
Doing the same with the Behringers and comparing it in Izotope Ozone. I figured at least I could try and EQ match it.

Does this sound like the right approach? If so, any suggestions on an audio file to use?
Any other ideas?
If the only choice was to throw money at it then maybe I'll have to ultimately come up with a strategy in that direction.

Thanks for any advice. Here's some pics of my room setup. Not the greatest but it is what it is until I build the new house in the spring.

studio1.jpg

studio2.jpg

studio3.jpg

studio4.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, so I went ahead and tried the Ozone thing. Not sure if this is really the way to go or not. After recording using the same mic and rough proximity the spectrum looks like this.
Looks like I need to boos 60hz a little, 800hz 1.5db, 1200hz 1.5db, 4100 -1.2db.... Not sure this is Ozone EQ matching is really going to do it. The studio monitor just sound so much more smoother.

ozone.jpg

Back
Top Bottom