Help with a CLR repair

PaulC

Inspired
I have no ill will towards the company and am not trying to cause them issues but just want my CLR back in working order.

I have seen other posts about escalating repairs with Atomic CLR and wondered if anyone had any advice. My CLR needed work done on the internal power amp and I sent it to be repaired. It is coming up on 6 months now and they are not returning my emails.

I understand we are living in Covid times but I think this goes well beyond reasonable and my patience is at an end. Has anyone else had this happen and was there some way you were able to escalate things?

Thanks

Are you trying to contact them via this email? support@atomicamps.com

They have had a lot of issues with email support over the years. But I know Tom King likes to get these things resolved once you can contact him. He spent a lot of time on the phone with me once while he walked me through a troubleshooting procedure and waited while I tried things to determine the next step (that he would walk me through and so on). Good guy if you can reach him. Maybe post something on TGP about it; that might get his attention. I know it has worked in the past.

Yes, I am using that email. I was wondering if there was another way to contact them that may go around the person that monitors this email account. I have heard that Tom King cares about customer service and I really like the CLR but this repair has fallen through the cracks and something needs to be done to address this. I am not sure how to contact Tom King directly if that is what others have done. I can try on TGP but I don't have an account there and haven't used it before.

Thanks but I have been emailing to him through the support channel and he is the one not returning my emails now. For the record, I have been nothing but polite but my last email I asked to have this escalated since it has taken so long.

Not sure if you ever got this resolved but I had a similar experience. I sent my CLR power amp in for repair in June of last year and was quoted 2-3 weeks for repair. I would send an email every few weeks asking for a status update and was told mine was next each time. Finally in like October I made a post on TGP calling them out and shortly after Tom King messaged me that they were bumping my repair to the top of the list. Still took another month after that but I eventually got it back in mid-November. The good thing is they fixed it for free and it’s been working great since.

FYI, for anyone checking out this thread. I am 5 months in on not hearing anything about the status of my repair

I had bought 2 CLR's in 2013, a year later one of the power amp modules started emitting a high pitch squeal. Initial email responded to within an hour, RMA and sent the module in for repair. Same deal months went by, I inquired to crickets. Only after making a complaint post did I get a personal phone call from Tom King, saying he repaired it now for free, just if I could take down the negative post.

I compiled, but will never buy Atomic again and will always tell everyone this is par for the course, and while I think the CLR is a fantastic product, having to deal with repairs makes it not worth purchasing, especially if it's gear you rely on regularly.

BTW Tom King also said no one has more than one year warranty on professional electronics and I shouldn't expect them to.... as I look at anything Behringer for example considered by many to be bottom of the barrel, it is still pro audio, every single item is 3 years warranty minimum.

It's really a shame. If these guys took care of their business they could be making millions.

So sad, it is a great piece of kit when it works. I hope they sort it out get it together and step up their customer service soon / eventually. If not, just turn off the lights and call it quits.

Last edited:
I wonder what the long term hangup is.

Some repairs need parts, which these days can be super problematic, but a) many don't, and b) their service issue have been well documented, starting long before the present-day supply chain fubar.

It's too long term to be a nervous breakdown or substance issue, probably. I don't mean to be flippant, but like folks have said, they have some truly great products that they're driving into the ground.

At this point, I'm just glad I don't own any of them.

I feel your pain, sent mine in in January, got back finally in May still had the same issue $250 and wasn’t fixed, finally got a response back 3 weeks ago after multiple efforts to reach him, said he would call me that afternoon and get it taken care of.
It’s been a three week afternoon now! Sent several messages and once again, no response!

I feel your pain, sent mine in in January, got back finally in May still had the same issue $250 and wasn’t fixed, finally got a response back 3 weeks ago after multiple efforts to reach him, said he would call me that afternoon and get it taken care of.
It’s been a three week afternoon now! Sent several messages and once again, no response!
Sounds like just like one of their competitors...

You'd think that not being able to get parts would mean that they're idling, would have plenty of time to respond to customers, and would do that, so they know they're cared about, and that the company is still happening.

It baffles me how much the opposite of that is happening.

Back
Top Bottom