Help: why is my MFC doing these undesirable things?

coldstar

Recently got MK2 and I'm trying to configure it. I got scenes working the way I want and got it stop throwing name timeout errors, but it's still doing the following strange/bad things:

1. All my songs are offset by -1, which means song 1 is inaccessible. That is, it loads what my setlist says is song 2 as "S001". The preset mapping is all correct - it loads the right preset, but the songs scroll from what the setlist says is song 2 onward, with all of them renumbered as one less...

2. I'm trying to configure button 11 as a "play/stop" button for Reaper, but it doesn't seem to behave properly. I've got "send w preset" turned off, but the MFC seems to send the message anyway on each preset change, causing Reaper to immediately play (not the behaviour I want...)

Thanks in advance for your insights!

Thanks unix-guy. I addressed this in his support ticket. He didn't have the basic connectivity working correctly between the MFC and anything else so he's working on that first.

I think i might have the same issue... maybe... my presets read correct, but I cant select my first preset on any given bank, switch 1 goes to preset 2 and the second switch lights up, clicking switch 2 goes to 3, 3 to 4 and so on

I think i might have the same issue... maybe... my presets read correct, but I cant select my first preset on any given bank, switch 1 goes to preset 2 and the second switch lights up, clicking switch 2 goes to 3, 3 to 4 and so on
  • Make sure that you're updated to the latest version of MFC-Edit
  • Make sure that your "Display Offset" values are set the same on your MFC-101 (see the BASE CONFIG page in the editor) and your Axe-Fx
  • Dump your sysex file from the MFC-101, load it into the editor and double-check
There was a bug in MFC-Edit many versions ago where it would cause this problem. It was fixed very quickly but you may have installed that updated and not got a more recent version which fixed that. The current versions is 8.3.

So I fixed it by changing "mapping mode" on my i/o midi page from "none" to "custom" and it worked... I'm not sure why but it did.

MIDI PC Offset is probably set to 1 on the Axe-FX. Set that to 0 and it should work the same with mapping mode = none.

Back
Top Bottom