1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Help: why is my MFC doing these undesirable things?

Discussion in 'MFC Discussion' started by coldstar, Dec 31, 2017.

1. coldstar

coldstar
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Recently got MK2 and I'm trying to configure it. I got scenes working the way I want and got it stop throwing name timeout errors, but it's still doing the following strange/bad things:

1. All my songs are offset by -1, which means song 1 is inaccessible. That is, it loads what my setlist says is song 2 as "S001". The preset mapping is all correct - it loads the right preset, but the songs scroll from what the setlist says is song 2 onward, with all of them renumbered as one less...

2. I'm trying to configure button 11 as a "play/stop" button for Reaper, but it doesn't seem to behave properly. I've got "send w preset" turned off, but the MFC seems to send the message anyway on each preset change, causing Reaper to immediately play (not the behaviour I want...)

Thanks in advance for your insights!

2. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

@bwanagary may have an idea. I've not used either of the items you mentioned...

3. bwanagary

bwanagary
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks unix-guy. I addressed this in his support ticket. He didn't have the basic connectivity working correctly between the MFC and anything else so he's working on that first.

Rmsnyder and unix-guy like this.
  4. Rmsnyder

Rmsnyder
    Expand Collapse
    New here

I think i might have the same issue... maybe... my presets read correct, but I cant select my first preset on any given bank, switch 1 goes to preset 2 and the second switch lights up, clicking switch 2 goes to 3, 3 to 4 and so on

5. bwanagary

bwanagary
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

• Make sure that you're updated to the latest version of MFC-Edit
    • Make sure that your "Display Offset" values are set the same on your MFC-101 (see the BASE CONFIG page in the editor) and your Axe-Fx
    • Dump your sysex file from the MFC-101, load it into the editor and double-check
    There was a bug in MFC-Edit many versions ago where it would cause this problem. It was fixed very quickly but you may have installed that updated and not got a more recent version which fixed that. The current versions is 8.3.

6. Rmsnyder

Rmsnyder
    Expand Collapse
    New here

So I fixed it by changing "mapping mode" on my i/o midi page from "none" to "custom" and it worked... I'm not sure why but it did.

7. Bakerman

Bakerman
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

MIDI PC Offset is probably set to 1 on the Axe-FX. Set that to 0 and it should work the same with mapping mode = none.