Help w USB Issue

tguitar

Inspired
Hey guys,
Anyone ever have any issues w their USB suddenly not working? Never had any issues before on my MacBook Pro - Snow Leopard. Last night, hooked up and tried to update w Fractal Bot and getting connection errors. Tried running Axe Edit (have not dl newest version yet but I've always been able to at least connect) and AE also showing Not Connected. Rebooted Mac and II multiple times still same issue. I opened up the II and checked ribbon cables (AFX was purchased about 1 yr ago so warranty not an issue). Is there a board connection or something I may be missing? I get audio into my monitor via out 1 but have not yet checked midi connections or MFC. FWIW I have not plugged any cables into the wrong slots or anything like that. Just wondering if maybe it got jolted during gig transport and something came loose that I don't know about. Figures that this would happen right after 10 comes out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tommy

did you try changing USB cables or connecting to another USB port on the Mac ?

You mention you are getting sound out of the AXE to the monitors. Is that with just your guitar or you meant getting sound thru your USB to your monitors ? As S0c9 mentioned, could be the usb port.

I remember a few people had issues in the past with USB 3 vs USB 2. As soon as they changed USB ports, it worked fine.

Maybe try to reinstall the drivers? Also check to make sure the Axe shows up under Audio/MIDI setup. I'm having an issue where Axe Edit will not connect until I reboot. Then everything is fine. But I'm using AE 1.9 with OS 10.8.3.

Here's the latest. Thanks for the replies btw.

Tried different USB cables - same result.
Audio out to monitors is only thru xlr.

Opened Reaper, USB only connected - getting signal to track - GOOD!

Right now FW 10 is updating via Midi ox using USB - EVEN BETTER!!!

So USB seems to work, but AE (not completely surprised) and Fractal Bot are both not working.

Gonna wait for FW to finish, get rid of old AE and install new and see what happens...

Back
Top Bottom