help w/ mixer block

frankiev

Experienced
I need a little help understanding how to set up a mixer block . I would like to use an auto wah in parallel with a dry signal to feed an amp /cab .So lets say im in row 2 as the main input and I add a wah
in row 3 with a shut connecting it to row 2 . At the connection point of the above (row2) I add a mixer .My confusion is this . Since Im in row 2 with the mixer, is it gain 2 and pan 2 that the dry signal is feeding? And would the wah in row 3 be feeding gain/pan 3 ?
Next , lets say Im feeding two amps/cabs (row 2 and 3) .Do I put connections from both to a mixer block in row 4? and then is the amp/cab in row 2 feeding gain/pan2 in the mixer etc..
Is there a better way to do the above
Thanks

You're right on the mixer operation; 1-2-3-4 just represents the 4 locations in the previous column, top to bottom. The mixer can be in any row, just place it and connect what you want.

Sometimes a mixer isn't necessary--a mixer fed by 2 cab blocks provides no more function (soundwise) than what the cab blocks' level & balance controls already do. It would really just be a convenience for adjusting those things, having them on one page instead of in 2 separate blocks.

Makes perfect sense ,thanks .The axe is awesome but the learning is intense . Thank God there are so many gracious,helpful people here

Back
Top Bottom