Help trying to crafting a tone by layering one on top of the other

Bcraig

Inspired
Hi
Ok here is my goal

What I am doing

I am just playing just one note the “E” note on the second fret 4 string with my index finger and using my thumb to lightly touch the 6,5 strings
and all other notes are muted

Now this has taking some time to get this
and all the other notes are muted

So when I strum all the strings I only get a percussive type of sound with just one note ringing

At the moment

Right now my guitar setting is all dry just a amp And a cab

No effects

So I want to start from scratch
to begin to crafting this tone with just that one note being strum along with that percussive sound

First Goal “meaning not done but one thing at a time”

“Trying to start with a great blank canvas to start with before I start laying down basic paint shapes”

Looking to push this as far as I can push before I need to add effects to enhance it

Step 1. To create a fuller warm tone using a clean amp And cab and no effects
Where the one fretted note stands out from the background of the percussive strum sound

Note: idea here to treat each layer of sound as it own
so I can have control over how much the “a. foreground layer ”
the one fretted note come forward over the The “b. background layer ” of the percussive sound

So maybe I want the two layers tones to blend into each other more etc....

I hope this make since ?

This just the first idea of what I am ask help with
I know you guys are very creative
I know you can do this in the mix after the fact but I looking for a live circumstances well in my bed room in my 50’s

Hi bcraig,

One thing that may save you some time is to use a looper block - then you can record a few strums, and have the looper block play them back while you change amps and settings.
Thanks
Pauly

Hi bcraig,

One thing that may save you some time is to use a looper block - then you can record a few strums, and have the looper block play them back while you change amps and settings.
Thanks
Pauly

how do I set it up using axe edited?

Put a Looper block as the first block in your patch. Press "Record". Play your riff. Press "Play". Let the riff loop endlessly.

Now start adding your Amp + Cab blocks after the Looper. Tweak as needed.

Put a Looper block as the first block in your patch. Press "Record". Play your riff. Press "Play". Let the riff loop endlessly.

Now start adding your Amp + Cab blocks after the Looper. Tweak as needed.

Thanks I will try that 👌

Also, check this out @Bcraig

Ok that so much make since
unfortunately I donot have that switch pedalboard and donot have the funds to get it

The option I have that I can see is to make is to count .1,2 then press record in axe edited on 3,4
Unless their another options I am not aware of ?

If you're just using the looper to record a quick riff and play around with Amp settings, I wouldn't worry about getting the looper to record/play to a rhythm or time signature or anything. Just hit record, play the riff, and hit play to playback your riff.

I think there is an Auto-Record button you can turn on in Axe Edit. If turned on, the Looper will automatically start recording when you start playing guitar. It doesn't stop recording automatically so you'll need to manually hit the Play button to stop recording.

If you're interested in actually using the looper as a musical tool for performing, you'll need a foot switch controller.

If you're just using the looper to record a quick riff and play around with Amp settings, I wouldn't worry about getting the looper to record/play to a rhythm or time signature or anything. Just hit record, play the riff, and hit play to playback your riff.

I think there is an Auto-Record button you can turn on in Axe Edit. If turned on, the Looper will automatically start recording when you start playing guitar. It doesn't stop recording automatically so you'll need to manually hit the Play button to stop recording.

If you're interested in actually using the looper as a musical tool for performing, you'll need a foot switch controller.

I look at the price for the fractal one very expensive
at this time
Can I use any kind of foot switch controller?

If you're interested in getting a cheaper, used Fractal MFC-101, check out your local classifieds like Craigslist for used ones. There is also the "For Sale" section of this forum that always has MFC's for sale.

If you still want cheaper, you can use any MIDI controller. A lot of Axe FX users like the Behringer FCB1010 modified with a EurekaProm Chip or UNO Prom Chip. The Chips make the FCB1010 a little easier to customize for the Axe FX. I will warn that using other MIDI controllers can be a little difficult if you've never worked with MIDI devices before.

Hi Bcraig,

To do what you want to do, there's no need for a foot controller - You can just recoird from Axedit, or the front panel.
Thanks
Pauly

I look at the price for the fractal one very expensive
at this time
Can I use any kind of foot switch controller?

Back
Top Bottom