Help to choose an FRFR ; Bedroom player with studio monitors

manu68

Inspired
Hi
I am thinking about purchasing a FRFR speaker for my music room. (only 10 sqm size)
I currently play though Behringer B1030A studio monitors , which are already plenty loud enough for my needs as bedroom player.
But of course, it is not like sending my guitar signal through a 10 or 12 inch speaker.

I already have read a lot on the forum and you tube, but I always have many questions before to decide me to purchase something or not.
I hope you could help me to make a choice in relation with my own needs
I precise that I don't intend to spend a fortune in such FRFR. As I am in europe, I need to choose a supplier from here.

- no live playing, only with backtracks at "family compatible" volume
- Axe FX as sound card + Reaper for playing backtrack / record
- FRFR speaker will be on the ground under my desk , in "wedge" position (see picture)
- I will purchase only one FRFR speaker (no place for two pieces)
- I would like to have the choice to play thought the monitors and/or the FRFR, depending on the moment of the day, if I record or not, if I play only guitar or with backtrack , ...

Questions :
- Do I need in my case one or two inputs on this FRFR speaker ?
- May I send from my daw the backtracks to the monitors and the guitar from the Axe to the FRFR ?
- Is a coaxial wedge a big advantage in comparison with speaker+tweater in wedge position for my needs ? (they are for sure smaller )
- If I want to choose the output source at anytime for the backtracks and guitar, do I need something like Behringer Ultralink pro MX882 into my rack
Behringer MX882 Ultralink Pro - Thomann France
- What would be the "optimal" wiring + Axe FX II configuration ?

These are the models I have selected in my budget (I don't really intend to spend about 600€. Only if really needed)
No chance to gave them a try before purchase

Attachments

• Choice FRFR Axe FX II.jpg
    Choice FRFR Axe FX II.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0338.jpg
    IMG_0338.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 67
Out of all those you have posted I personally would go for the dB Technologies Flexsys FM12. There are a few that post here on your side of the pond that really like them and they are coaxial. If the extra hundy is not in the budget then the EV's over the Alto's.

Down side to these are the fact that they only have one input so you would need some sort of small mixer like the one in the link you posted or a small Mackie VLz 402 not so with the EV or the Alto as they both have two inputs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom